Wednesday, July 8, 2009

happy birthday natalie!


I better take a moment to wish my big sister (I mean older sister) a happy birthday. Time gets away from me on this day because I am so busy trying to plan our own family party because I decided to have a baby on the same day as your birthday! you are very important to me and I want you to feel remembered and appreciated. When I think about it, there isnt anything I dont like about you. you have so many admirable qualities. I have always felt that way. I remember growing up i wanted to be able to do things that you did someday but you took the cake in the artistic area. you were amazing at art and piano and singing. you always had solos at school and you had a lot of friends-what could be better?
now that we are grown and both have four kids, I find myself still observing you as I try to solve problems or think of simple ideas for birthday parties, cakes or halloween costumes. you are so creative. Someday your kids will realize just how gifted you are with your creativity.
I know you have heard this a lot but the thing I admire about you the most is that you have your own style. Im always still figuring out who I am and what I like and when I get those surveys on my favorite movies tv and books....I dont really know my style. youre that girl that knows what she likes and I am envious of that. sometimes I see something and say that so looks like natalie! it could be a brightly colored room or an outfit that when you first see it you wouldnt put it together but when you put it on it looks like it was made to go together! I like that you have your own opinions without making others feel like there opinion doesnt matter. Ive noticed that you are really good at letting your children make their own decisions. I still am a little controlling in that area and I always am impressed with you. I love your confidence and that you arent afraid to get up in front of people and show them your talents. you are very gifted natalie. I love how calm you are all the time and how you seem to handle trials well. I know times are tough for a lot of people and I love getting pointers from you on how to save money. you can always come up with inexpensive ways to still have a great time on a budget. I love that you dont seem to ever age. you're just as cool as I remeber you being way back when! I wonder if your kids feel that way.
if I were there with you I would start the day by going to the spa and getting the full treatment and then we would go to the cheesecake factory and pig out followed by some shopping to pick out a very cute outfit to wear to the concert we would go to that night. the other thing I admire about you-even after all that fun you wouldnt be tired-you could pull an all nighter and Id be asleep in the car on the way home from the concert like a toddler in their carseat. how do you do it? I guess thats why for all these reasons I think your so special and you deserve to have a special day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

aww...thanks, hon. That was a lot of time spent on my bday post-especially on Anzlie's big day. I feel very loved. Thanks so much. btw, when did i ever give you any budget ideas? I'm terrible at budgeting!!
xoxo so so much,
Nat