We went to the hot springs swimming pool in saratoga springs today. I was nervous taking 3 kids swimming since there is only one of me and my children are dare devils. It was quite eventful. First Anzlie and Landon saw the diving boeard and I'm not sure if they've seen one before but when they saw someone jump off they were stoked. they ran over there, climbed the ladder and with no fear jumped into the very deep end! after that they were getting braver. Anzlie watched someone do a back flip and said, "cool I want to try that." I had to stop her from that one though- I think we should work on the smaller hurdles like the alphabet and tying her shoes for now. She got brave a few more times and took the floaties off and got in trouble big time ( as much trouble as you can get in at a public place) I was trying to scare her away from trying it again but it didnt work just as we were packing up she wasn't supposed to go back in the water and I am so glad I am constantly doing kid checks or I wouldn't have caught her head bobbing in the water and the look of terror on her face as she realized she couldnt touch the bottom and was struggling going under and trying to paddle back up but I got there pretty quick and pulled her out and we of course left after that. I think she will listen now...When we got home I was getting the kids out of the car and anzlie jumped out and disappeared in a flash. I couldn't find her anywhere but when I went in the house she was in there. I must have left the back door open and she is super quick. that was a second scare in less than ten minutes. Sometimes i wish she was my youngest and not my oldest because she requires so much attention and more importantly-constant supervision. She's lucky she's so cute and loveable because I didnt have too many great experiences with her today! When I got home chris called and said he needed me to make refreshments for scouts so we had a baking party. funny enough, it's landons favorite thing to do together. after we were done it was off to soccer practice. Women's league starts saturday!
That is such a fun thing to do. All the practices are co-ed and the kids just play at the park. I am feeling good now. I can run a long time without getting winded and as of today I am through with the miscarriage and the flu:(. It's not fair that mom's dont get sick days. I cried so much last week my kids are always so sweet to me when I cry- they give hugs and kisses and say,"do you miss daddy?" I think thats so cute! last week I said no I want my mommy! thanks for all the phone calls mom! I really appreciate it. I dont know why I keep having miscarriages- I am on break for a long time. My body must need it. thats all for now -What a day!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would have freaked out. Isaac ran off a couple of weeks ago when I was at 7 peaks by myself...I was so scared! After alerting all the lifeguards I searched for him and found him staring at a video game. He was fine but I started crying hysterically! Why do kids have to scare us so badly? This Sunday works great for us. What time?? our church doesn't get out until 4pm, so anytime after 5:30/6 pm would be great. Just let me know!:)
Hey thanks for the comment on our blog! Nice to see you have one too!! Ciera is getting SO big! And sorry about the miscarriages.. that's hard!
Post a Comment