Saturday, August 2, 2008

breaking dawn

so last night the next book in the twilight series came out and so a group of us went to the midnight party at barnes in nobles to be the first to own this book. I had a good time trying to pretend that I wasn't dead tired and that even at my old age I could still hang in there with the best of them but as the night wore on I was beginning to slur my words I was so tired! we had a really good time together and it wasn't all girls in our group so that was fun to see that some guys are twilight fans.
Nothing much more to this post, just wanted it down in the books that I stayed up past midnight...but if you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do! goodbye housework, dishes, laundry, oh and kids...I'll be available in 749 pages

16 comments:

Autumn said...

Gosh I don't remember the last time that I got to sleep BEFORE midnight. What are your secrets?!
I haven't ever gotten into the Twilight series. But I do have a signed copy of the first book!(She's related to my husband ...somehow) Guess it doesn't mean anything unless I am a big fan. And can't be a big fan unless I've read them. One of these days....

Mandy Stewart said...

You are funny. love ya.

Anonymous said...

It's an epidemic these books! How have I stayed away so long? I'm sure I will be sucked in soon.

JonandLo said...

amen to that..good thing the house work got done Saturday morning...I'm not sure w/ work how long it will take to read this book, but my nights are taken for the week!

Cherstin said...

I never go to bed befor midnight. I'm more of a night owl anyway, so that night would have been perfect for me. Enjoy your reading!!!! I know I should get into it but readings really not my thing. Natalie might just push me there though. We'll see.

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

We ordered the book, but something went wrong and it didn't go through!! I'm so upset about it! you'll have to tell me how good it is...without telling me anything about it!! =)

Stacy said...

I just started to read them a few weeks ago. I'm 2/3 through Eclipse now, so hopefully I'll be onto Breaking Dawn soon.
We are definitely planning a girl's night when the movie comes out in December :)

Kim & Max Willis family said...

okay i just finished breaking Dawn! i bought it at midnight too so that i could take it on vacaction with me!! i LOVED it! it was what i wanted! did you like it??????

california smiths said...

It was so much fun, I am so glad you came! Your blog is so cute. My email address is adamandtawnismith@gmail.com if you want to see mine. It has been so fun to have you in our ward!

Piper said...

HI!!! I hope you are getting settled in! My email is marquettes@mac.com- email me so I can get your email address and let you know what my BLOG address is!!

Tim and Amy said...

fun. my friend here just convinced me that twilight would be an easy read for me.(i have only read ONE book since i graduated high school! i know - embarrassing!) anyway, i'm about 2/3 through the first book. i'll get to the fourth eventually! :o)

hope you guys are doing well!

Kristen said...

So good to have you home. Give us a call when you get settled. I'm hoping we have the greatest piano teacher back! Hope to see you soon!

jord and kate said...

i miss you guys!! we are coming home next week. that was a great book wasn't it.

Amelia Johnson said...

Check out blingblingbyamelia (dot) blogspot (dot) com for a BLING GIVEAWAY! Contest ends August 25th! Pass the word on!

Marilyn said...

Sounds like fun, yet a little tiring! I got the book Breaking Dawn the day it came out too. I liked it a lot, it was a nice happy conclusion. The author really gets you hooked doesn't she! Have you gotten a chance to finish it. I love your blog. You are so creative and have a cute style. I am doing what you said with rewarding my young piano students. I think they are going to really love it. ( I have a little treat box that they have to stick their arm down into to grab something without looking. This will help keep the excitement alive.Thank you again!

Stacy said...

So I'm finished, are you? Did you hear the movie got pushed up to November?