Wednesday, October 1, 2008
burnt pizza
So I am really interested to know what you all think...I had an experience at a drive thru today and I was left wondering if it was pregnancy hormones or if I was totally justified to be blatantly rude to someone. Here goes: I have been husbandless a long time and since I am still in my first trimester sickness i have been relying on restaurants or packaged soup to feed my kids. Betty Crocker would definately frown on me right now. Anyway, I went through the Little Caesar drive thru today and asked for one pizza. she said, "that will be $5.36 so I gave her exact change and she took it and went to put it in her cash register when she bumped something and dropped a penny on the floor. She then asked me to get that for her and I looked at her and said "no". what would you guys do??? I was bugged because it's a tight squeeze in drive thru"s and I didnt want to open the van door, get out, and bend over FOR A PENNY I might add! I can't even button my jeans anymore so any extra work is out of the question! She then asks me if I have another penny and those of you that know me and know me when I am pregnant know that that was asking too much! I said, " you dropped the penny I shouldn't have to pay you more for the pizza. She then said, "well then I cant finish the transaction because I will be a penny short." I of course, had a perfectly good solution. I said, " well, you can borrow a penny from someone or come get the one you dropped when I drive away." she was mad agt me at this point. I was just trying to teach her a thing or two about customer service since utah lacks a lot of training in this area...I would have given her another penny it's not about the penny its about being treated right...what would you have done? was I out of line? she sure thought so...but lesson learned from me? IF you yell at the workers, you get burnt pizza. If I wasn't too far away when I figured it out I would've gone back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
LOL!
I can just see you telling her she was welcome to come pick up the penny she dropped... I think she was a little ridiculous to say she could not finish the transaction- maybe she is a bit OCD- I have had many times when cashiers at the drive thru have dropped change- QUARTERS EVEN!- and they finish the transaction without asking me for more money OR asking me to get what they dropped...
Ok, I don't know if I would have had the guts to say that, although I would have been thinking it, but I think you did nothing wrong. It's her problem, not yours. How frustrating to then get burnt pizza! The nerve!
That is funny! I can't believe you said no! I love it! Good for you. It was sooo lame of her to ask you to pick it up and THEN I can't believe she asked you for ANOTHER one! I get so annoyed at drive through windows, but then I think "well, you work at McDonalds so you win". Know what I mean? Why should they treat customers with respect (well they should) when they make 5 dollars an hour? I'm sure that's what they think. But still. Yah, that is soooo bad!
It would have been one thing if it was your fault that the money dropped. But regardless, it was a penny! I would have reacted the same way. Everyone knows there is no way to open your door in a drive-thru! Duh!
Ha! Good for you! The nerve of that chick. It's a penny! I would have done the same, especially if I was prego. My first job was McDs and know that is out of line!
I probably would have picked up the penny, or given her another one, because I hate confrontation and I hate spit in my food ( or a burnt pizza ) !
I do think it was dumb that she said she couldn't finish the transaction though. It's a penny for petes sake !
Hey Tiffany! I sure hope that you're feeling a little bit better! I feel so bad that you're so sick. I'm glad that my mom was able to help take care of you! (you know how much she likes to be a mommy!) Anyways, I love you and tell your sister Mandi that she needs to add me onto her blog. She's the only one blocking me!
You make me laugh. I would have told the girl I was pregnant and did not wnt to pick it up. Then seen what she would have said. Depending on her answer.... I would have done what you did or just give her another penny.
Never open your door in a drive-thru especially for a penny! That minimum wage b-otch had it coming. If there is a next time then open the pizza box cause there might be more than a burnt pizza in there.
TIFFY!!!!! I didn't know you had that in you! I'm with Mandy. I would have told her that I was prego. and then probly just gave her another penny. Most of the time I can be a push over. Unless it comes to my family then watch out because you will get an ear full. But I'm going to say good for you. She totally took it to far.
That is hilarious, don't mess with a preggo lady! I'm surprised she didn't have a penny handy, it's a penny for cryin out loud! I'm kind of a chicken but I probably would have said, I can't really reach it, do you have an extra one? Rock on for drive through Little Caesars, I want one of those!
U are so funny! I am sorry about your grandmother as well. It's hard to let them go...but makes us appreciate the sweet memories we have of them. We are moving to Utah my friend. Sometime in Nov. Where do you live again?
Post a Comment