Only a few days into school, anzlie came home from school off the bus beaming. I was so glad to see her so happy and then she says, "mom! I have a boyfriend, you know, caden, and we decided to get married and then we kissed!". I was shocked. I said you what? she said, "yeah, a monkey kiss". I ask what a monkey kiss is and she replies, " when he puts his lips over mine..." I was unprepared for this. dont I have a few years before I have to deal with this? she just turned 5 people!!
Anzlie has been so dramatic lately! yesterday she got off the bus and had her hand over her mouth. As soon as she saw me she immediately starting shouting, "mom, what do you think of this?" she uncovers her mouth and she had picked a scab and bled at school. she was so embarrassed that she walked around covering her mouth all day. she said we needed to go home right away.
This morning she said, "mom what day should Caden and I get married? monday, tuesday? is saturday better?? and WHEN? october, december? I said We'll talk about this in 18 years you're still too young. WHY IS SHE SO WORRIED ABOUT THIS TOPIC? she wants to have this marriage thing figured out. i'd love to hear your kindergartner stories...
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Is this the same Caden from church? If so, they have been courting for quite awhile now, no wonder she is anxious for the wedding date.
LOL!! How funny..! its cute.. but i can imagine your apprehension. They are growing so fast! All of you make such a beautiful Family! CONGRATS on the new one too!
tiffany!!! how fun we'll have babies around the same time! I'm actually not due until around may 10th-maybe little sooner...but all of my babies have come 3 weeks early so far so looks like i'll be having an April baby too!! so fun!!!!
I can't believe that she is so into the boyfriend thing...and the monkey kiss - LOL Ruthie just bosses the boys around or wrestles them to the ground - which they love of course :) Hang in there - hopefully this phase will pass, FAST!
that is so funny! i never got married in elementry school, but from what i hear a lot of kids do, like they really know what that means. i remember one of my friends in like 3rd grade got married to the most popular guy in class! everyone thought she was so cool after that! good luck with your cute little girl!
LAst year Maia came home from school and told me that she and her "group" had been laughing and making fun of a boy in another class- then she told me that his face looks funny. I assumed that this was a handicapped child from the class next door and Maia and I had a VERY long discussion about how she needs to be nice to everyone- especially those who are handicapped- that I did not care what her friends were doing- she needed to be a friend to everyone and a much better example. I talked to her teacher about it the next morning- and asked her who Vincent was. The teacher laughed a little and explained that Vincent was the "cute" boy in the other class that all the girls like. I felt bad for the lengthy lecture, but Maia and I talked again. I told her that she still should not be acting that way- that she should be friends with Vincent. Can I tell you she came home from school the next day telling me a story about how all the girls kept chasing Vincent and she helped him escape every time? Well, Vincent made sure Maia got a Valentine from him by sending it to her class via their teachers- to say thanks for being his friend...
Good luck with yours, though! We have had no kissing incidents or things of that nature- there was one little boy that always tried to look up her skirt, but that was remedied by skorts and panty covers!
Tiffany, it has been way too long. I miss you guys, Anzlie is so funny! I can hear her saying those words right now. I am sorry it was harder for Landon this time, i hope you guys are hangin in there you have such a cute family. You are all looking so good! Lets get together when we have some time.
That is so funny what Anzlie said. I can totally see that. Not that we had any incidents last year in school, but she just seems like a little romantic. Tell her hi for me!
I remember playing kissing tag in kindergarten and being sent to the principal's office to have a lecture on germs and the spreading thereof.
My Son is only 3, so I don't have any stories to share yet. But that is TOO funny ! Please keep us posted and let us know when the Wedding is : )
Hi Tiff, it's been awhile! Looks like things have been quite adventurous for you guys lately! Funny story about Anzlie...I'm not looking forward to that kind of thing with Brittney. They do grow up so fast! Hope all is well!
Okay, as cute and funny as that is... I'm sorry you have to worry about that! And I see that you are prego?! 211 days to go!? Very cool! Congrats! I need to catch up on reading your blog! You've updated a lot!
Post a Comment