Sunday, January 18, 2009
how could you???
yesterday turned out to be kind of busy for us. Since we live atleast 20 minutes away from costco and walmart and the bank...(atleast for 2 more weeks until all the new stores open here!) you pretty much have to get it all done at once. Anzlie had a birthday party at 12:30 that she was so excited about. A real fairy tea party. It's all she could talk about. We had to get a gift in time so off we went. We had to do some errands and by the time we got home its was 20 after 1 and we were nearly an hour late. I was worried she would miss the whole party if we went home first, wrapped the gift, and dressed up in the appropriate fairy tea party attire, so thinking she would rather not miss the whole party I dropped her off, unwrapped gift and all. I felt really bad but atleast she wouldnt miss the party! as soon as I went to leave, anzlie comes out of the house totally sobbing. usually I am thinking-cut the drama-anzlie you're fine...but in that instance I zoned into her little mind and felt awful. I had just sent her into the party where everyone had tiaras and dressups and she was wearing a jump suit with un-combed hair. She said, "mom! you forgot to get me dressed," in a terribly sad whimper.I hurried home and she got dressed and had a specific way she wanted her hair and within minutes off we went again. Everything was better now and on to end on a good note, she was so proud that sydney LOVED her gift. Lesson learned. I have to pay more attention to feelings and how embarrassing situations can be when your in elementary school. I was remembering back to grade school and I could still think of some embarrassing times even though it was all so long ago...I just thought I would share. anyone have any similar experiences?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awww...that is so heart braking. I hate when i do those major mess up mommy moments. The good thing about kids is they always forgive you. Love you hon!
Sounds like a Ruthie moment for sure! Just know that you listened to her and made it all better. That's what always counts in the end! Can't wait to see you in 2 months!
Oh, I feel bad for you and for her! You were just trying to salvage the day and she wanted to be a pretty princess like everyone else. I haven't had one of these moments yet, but I'm sure I will! I think you handled it really well!
I wish I had a moment that my child was sad because I didn't dress them up in a fairy out fit with their hair all up! I'm afraid if that happened they would cry because I did put them in those pretty little outfits. Hmm, I think I will try it and see. You are a good mom for recognizing her needs. It's hard sometimes to remember what it was like as a kid when your always in mommy mode. You're truly one of the best moms I know. I love you!!
HI hon... I have been meaning to call you. Everytime I think about it I am in the middle of something. Like right now... I have to do dishes before my next client otherwise I would call. I feel like it has been forever. Thanks for thinking of us on our anniv. I'm glad Anz had fun at her party. Poor girl.
Oh Tiffany! I felt bad for sending her back out but her little face looked so horrified I knew something was really wrong! She's the girliest girl I know and for her to not be dressed up at a fancy tea party was just like showing up to school in your pajamas...the classic nightmare...that was her face! Although I still had no idea what was wrong until she came back all decked out and feeling oh so FINE! It was the funniest thing ever. She felt like a million bucks again, and had a blast! Sydney DID loooooooove her gift. She almost had a melt-down b/c I wouldn't let her and Anzlie go have makeovers in the bathroom while all the other guests were still there. They'll have to have a make-up party soon!
But don't feel bad...we all forget to put ourselves in their little shoes.
Post a Comment