I haven't had much to post about lately. not too many noteworthy things going on but I thought I would share a good recipe my neoghbor gave me for breschetta.
cut up 4 latge tomatoes into little cubes
put into a bowl and sprinkle kosher salt on top and let it sit for 5 minutes.
cut up a block of mozarella into cubes and add to the tomatoes
cut up some fresh basil leaves and add it in
last add the balsamic vinegar as much or as little as you like
buy french bread and slice it. toast it on both sides. You want it a litle crispy
dip the bread and the meal is complete!
I have no idea about the caloric value but it's very good!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow girl- that sounds good (IF I LIKE TOMATOS!!) HAHAHA.
I've been thinking about oyu lately. First off-your blog header is soooo dang cute. SEcond- did you ever think you'd live in SO MUCH SNOW?? Like really? How fun...it definitely is a different life than how it's almost 80 degrees here this coming weekend.
How are you feeling girl- I hope you're doin alright. Can't believe you're going to have the big 4. The way I see it though is anything after 3 kids will be pretty managble and not too big of a change ya know?
Hope all is well.
That's called a Caprese salad. Isn't it delicious?
I think you are right about the name. Caprese salad is the same thing, minus the baguette. So, with baguette- Bruschetta; without baguette- Insalata Caprese. Both are delicious.
sounds SO good, and easy! thanks!
yummy!! That sounds really good!! thanks for sharing. So how are you feeling?? I can't believe you're almost 30 weeks?!?!! Has it gone fast for you?? I just had my third and the pregnancy flew by!! I guess the more kids you have the faster life goes... which I don't like at all! :) Hope things are well for ya Tiff!! :)
HI! That sounds yummy! I learned a good trick for brown sugar and Im going to post it here just to share because it works so well:
When you have brown sugar for a while it gets a little hard (even well before the exp date) If you put a damp paper towel in with it for a few minutes (I have also heard overnight) and shake it up, your brown sugar will loosen up and be good as new!
I just made chocolate chip cookies and my first pan came out kind of like I remember your mom's used to! They were flat and warm and gooey and YUMMY! Then we would go downstairs and play Nintendo, but I had to give you the control so you could pass Mario 3 board 1 because I just couldn't! Aww...I miss you!!!!
Love the new look! ♥
And nice to see Emily pop up once in a while! Miss you both!
Post a Comment