Sunday, December 9, 2007

weekend update
















anzlie was so excited she had "polar express day" at preschool. They wore their pajamas and had chocolate milk and cookies. She had so much fun. It's incredible to think that this year she can actually write her own letter to santa. she just asks me how to spell the words and she actually has pretty good handwriting given some letters are much bigger than others!





she had a sleepover pajama party that night for her friend and she was so excited she kept asking me what time it was! we bought her friend a pair of shoes and a bracelet (which anzlie wanted a lot!) and the next morning I found the bracelet in the bathroom and confronted anzlie on why the bracelet was in our home - she said she wanted it but she didnt steal it she borrowed it so we are going right back there and i am making anzlie apologize and I think she's a little nervous...





Friday night I had a girls night at my house. Everyone brought a holiday treat to accomplish our holiday baking and everyone went home with an assortment of festive treats. After that , we had a white elephant gift exchange and then headed to a movie. Meanwhile, the weather ouside turned from rain to snow and lots of it. when we left it was coming down hard but as time went on it got pretty scary driving in it. It was my first time driving in a blizzard and I was feeling responsible for all the lives in the car! we made it to the theater and hoped that they would plow the roads before we went home. I may need a massage for how tense I was driving 30 miles an hour with terrible fog! But let me just tell you IT WAS WORTH IT! we saw AUGUST RUSH





All I have to say is that I finally have an answer when asked what my favorite movie is. I truly felt every emotion that the movie intended for the audience. You seriously walk away totally uplifted. Thats all I'll say because I hate hearing too much about movies before I see them because I enjoy the element of surprise a little too much so enough on that go see it!!!!!





Saturday morning we had a work party @ 7:30 in the morning and it was 40 minutes away so we had to wake up at 5:0 and I didnt get in from partying until 1 o clock or later so I had some blood shot eyes to add to the morning. we went and saw santa and then ate breakfst and thats all. I was bummed usually theres games and a program or something fun- so we packed up and left but we had a showing on our house so we couldnt go home so we drove around went to two malls and killed as much time as possible - Sunday came and went too quickly after church chris was trying to take a picture of ciera and she wouldnt cooperate and so I sat next to her trying to get her to look at daddy and after chris took the picture he said, wow- you actually look good in this babe! I was flattered, dont get me wrong but it was funny how surprised he was- I said thanks I guess. and he started laughing because a few minutes before we were joking about how we met and he said good thing I was good looking and had a good personality and I said actually I wasnt that attracted to you at first it was more of a gradual thing- and that comment stemmed from another bone-headed comment he made the other night when he was half asleep and so we have had so much fun at each others expense lately - all in good fun because there is no one on the planet that makes me happier than Chris. he is amazing. I think that I would want to die first if something like that happened because he is irreplaceable. He has this superman complex and wants to save the world .. maybe he wont save the world but he makes such a difference in the lives of the people around him that I think he lives up to the superman expectation that he has for himself. I dont know a lot about what he does on a daily basis because its all confidential - but I know he has influenced a lot of people being a therapist at a residential treatment center by showing them that he really cares about them. That is a hard profession I think I would get too emotionally involved and I know all of you are surprised thinking- you? too emotionally involved?? but its true- I was always so tough but now I cry just watching oprah. anyway moving on.... Sunday afternoon at church anzlie was supposed to say the prayer in sharing time. this was her first time getting up in front of everyone and I was a little worried. her prayers can get a little lengthy sometimes and you never know what she's going to say like ...please bless the island barbie princess movie will come out soon... and things like that but instead she got up -started the prayer and stopped a few words ina nd went back and sat down all embarrassed. the funniest thing was that she started hugging the boy next to her. she had her arm around himand she was looking him in the eyes and trying to put the moves on. she even told me after church that he was her boyfriend. the funny thing is that this little boy has an identical twin brother and I wonder if she ever mixes them up! it was actually pretty distracting since they were sitting up in the chairs in front chris and I had to leave the room to keep from giggling ourselves!





so thats the weekend wrapup and other than that- the only other change in this week is that chris doesnt work his second job any more his last day was last friday! yeah! I might actually have to start making dinner!





7 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

I love it - "you actually look good in this." That cracks me up! Almost that exact same thing happened to me today, and my husband sounded just SHOCKED that I looked cute. It was funny. And sad. At the same time!

He's been working two jobs? Dang, you both have superman aspirations! I'm still just amazed at how much you do with 3 kids as young as yours are.

Natalie said...

i love when you go on and on. It's so fun to hear all the details. Thanks for the movie tip, I'll be sure to have a girls night out too. The stuff about their crushes is just the cutest. You've got the most unique little cuties! Can't wait to see them! xo nat

Stacy said...

Well let me tell you, the attraction didn't stop once sharing time was over. They chose to sit by each other for the entire class time too. It was funny the way they were acting though because they have never even taken interest in each other before. Kaden is a good pick though, he is one of the best behaved kids in the class. He does have a twin brother, but they are not identical, so I'm sure she can tell them apart. I'll let you know if this puppy love continues.

Stacy said...

oh yeah, in case you forgot, here is my blog address http://ourpawprints.blogspot.com

Allison Johnson said...

We are hangin' in there. Jeff is working at GoDaddy now and loves it some days and doesn't others, but I guess that is the nature of the beast! Rae is still SUPER cranky and I am not sure I will be able to hold out until her doctor appt after Christmas. We just adore her, but I also can't wait to put her to bed most nights. I just keep telling myself that she can't be like this forever. Your kids are SO cute! I especially LOVE that story about the prayer. Is she in Sunbeams? If she is, then she was doing good to get any words out at all. We teach Sunbeams and none of our kids with assignments would say one word yesterday!

Susan said...

Never a dull moment at your house!! Ya, we will be in Mesa for Christmas. Its kinda a quick trip we will be there Saturday night and then leave the morning after Christmas day, so if you are there for any of that let me know. We are planning to come for Conference so maybe we can play then too!

Skousen Family! said...

Tiff
your kids are so cute!