Monday, March 23, 2009

less than a month left!

today was my 35 week appt. I havent really posted much on the status of baby knox. they have insisited on many more ultrasounds than I m used to and everytime I go to the doctor I leave the office a little worried. last week the baby was behind in measurement and poundage but that never worries me until she said that my placenta had calcified in many areas. its not that common but sometimes the placenta dies before the baby is born and no longer provides nutrients to the baby and then you end up with a still birth very late in the pregnancy. I went home and researched online and immediately changed my mind. I didnt want to scare myself so I waited patiently for todays appt. He said that they would do a stress test on me every week. they hook me up tp a monitor and can tell if the baby is still thriving or not. he kept stressing how important it was for me to call them if Im not feeling the baby move. I was thinking that was a wierd concept because wouldn't it be too late by then? anyway, for now the baby is fine and has even grown a little we are almost to five pounds so we are slowly hitting milestones. I was too afraid to get anything ready for this baby and the other day my friend gave me an outfit and it hit me that soon, a body would fill it out. It sounds dumb, but I think I m so nervous that I wouldn't let myself get too excited about his arrival. I know that it is a horrible way to think so I m trying to change my ways. I am in so much pain still like someone broke my pelvis. I have to crawl around the house a lot and I am in tears many nights. anyone reading this that hasn't had kids yet, no this isnt typical and its the first time Ive had to deal with misery at the end of it all! don't let me scare you-all my other pregnancies were easier. I am definately nesting and my house is looking terrific (thanks hun!) and we just had company in town and took some fun pics so there are more posts to come soon!

9 comments:

Dee said...

I'm excited for you! Let me know if I can help out with the kids.

Kami Milliron said...

Make sure you do what your Doctor said because after Elizabeth was born, they found that my Placenta was very calcified. Not to scare you, but just make sure you pay attention to your Baby's movement and also pray for help from the Lord to be able to listen to any promptings he might have for you regarding your little one.

Piper said...

I ABSOLUTELY agree with the previous post- Pray for help from the Lord. He will guide you as to what/how you need to do things. And when the doctor talks about not feeling the baby move, I am pretty sure they are talking about a marked decrease in movement- not a cease in all activity. That way they can see if the situation is deteriorating. Just do your kick counts really regularly and you should be great. Also, SLOW DOWN!! Do your best to ignore those nesting instincts because you are in TOO much pain. LOVE YOU! Looking forward to seeing the right side of the pic with your three kids filled in by baby Knox!

Kami Milliron said...

I just wanted to add that I was 30 weeks when Elizabeth was Stillborn. She had several physical complications that lead to her passing away. So please don't take me saying that my placenta was calcified to mean that you will go through anything like that. You are close enough to your due date that your Baby would be fine if they decided to deliver early for whatever reason.

Stephanie said...

Hey Tiff, I hope things continue to go well with you and the little one! You can do it, just a few more weeks! :) I start the single digit week countdown today. It's coming so fast!

Stephanie said...

Hey Tiff, I hope things continue to go well with you and the little one! You can do it, just a few more weeks! :) I start the single digit week countdown today. It's coming so fast!

Varney Family said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Sorry we were all sick :( Hope that you can hang in there until this little man comes! Thanks for having us!!

Emily Holland said...

thinking of you! At least you are very close to your due date, so he can come early if he needs to. Lots of babies are born around 5 pounds. I hope you can get some rest and enjoy the 'empty' house before there are 6!

Alisha said...

Good luck with it all. If you ever need any help let me know.