Tuesday, March 17, 2009

random anzlieism's


anzlie is a funny kid but lately she has said a lot of funny things and I thought I'd write them down before I forget!
I am always worried what is going to come out of her mouth and like any five year old its not always appropriate. this time, she was on my case: we were watching clifford the big red dog and I said,"man, I wouldnt want to clean up his dog poop-it would be as big as me!" she looked at me with disgust and said,"mom, that was totally inappropriate."
I cringe when she see's something unusual to her like the other day when we saw a midget in a store- its always a mad dash in a different directions because she's going to comment.
the other day I told her that mommy wasnt as smart as she normally is because I am tired and sharing my brainpower with our new baby growing inside me and she got really super concerned. her eyes got really big and I was thinking, man she really cares about me! then she gasped and said,"well, do you still know about fashion?" I guess I know what are the most important things in her mind and she knows that I pick out her clothes and she wasn't about to be made fun of due to my lack of knowledge on fashion.
the other day she was being very difficult and se got herself introuble and I looked at her sternly and said something to the effect of -knock it off or else! and she just cuts me off and says, "oooh, mom-not your best face...but dont worry ...you still look beautiful. I was like, "what?" why is she so into fashion looks and all te glamour? I wasnt a born diva was I mom?
yesterday chris's friend Jason, whois 36 I might add, came over and anzlie said,"wow, dad! jason is cute!" what! she is only five and a half and in kindergarten. maybe its normal but I think its scary that she is so interested. why can't we just play with barbies?

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Oh my freaking hilarious ! I LOVE the things she says - such a Girl ! I am with you on seeing someone unusual in the store. I just know Douglas is going to ask what happened to that person. But, in our defense as Parents, they have to understand that Children don't know. They don't understand yet.

Thanks for sharing those. I needed a good laugh !

Anonymous said...

I loved the 'not your best face' comment. That is hilarious!

Natalie said...

Ha! She is the funniest kid! "Well do you still know about fashion?!" So.dang.funny!

Jacqui said...

That is hilarious! Just wait till she's a teenager! :-)

Emily Holland said...

LOVE IT!

Tanner said...

Sooo FUNNY!! I loved them all... my little kiddos have said some pretty hilarious things too - I keep telling myself I need to jot them down before I forget... and then, sadly I forget!! We both should start a book about the funny things our kids say! :)

Mandy Stewart said...

She is so funny. Cant wait to see her

Emily Widdison said...

so funny. I love the fashion statement!