Wednesday, June 3, 2009
marker punishment cont'd...
okay now I didnt realize so many people were wondering what happened. the next morning anzlie was horrtfied when she found out I was serious about her going to her first day of school like that and as soon as a moment presented itself where I wasn't looking she ran to the bathroom and scrubbed as fast as she could until I caught her and she didnt care. she would gladly take another punishment -no matter what it was it couldnt be worse than public humiliation in her eyes. she cares way too much about what other people think. she is grounded from friends and a few other things but I had no idea the effect my punishment would have. Landon, on the other hand, was very mad that I wouldnt let him wash off the next morning. he had a craft class to go to and by the time we got there I had even forgot his face was hardly visible because I was used to it by then I guess- but I took him inside only to find that he disappeared quickly. he saw all the people and freaked. I was shocked at his behaviur because he was so excited about it before we got there. when I asked him what was wrong he wouldnt look at me and finally he said in the cutest quivering voice , "I cant go down thewre, theywl make fun of me..." I asked why and he said, "because of the mawrkewrs on my face." and he started crying. so we went home and he took a shower and couldnt have friends as well. so I dont think theyll be doing it again soon anyway. thats the story-I hated to see him cry but if I dont follow through with punishments it's worth nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love to hear when Moms stick to their guns! I think there are too many nice moms out there. Teach them their lesson!
Even though it is a funny situation, they still need to know that it was a one time thing and not ok to do again.
Good for you for sticking to your guns ! It sounds like they learned their lesson.
WOW. By the way, let me just remind you that you and I used to draw on each others faces with washable markers. We didn't scribble like your kids, but I remember drawing flowers and stuff on our cheeks and foreheads, AND we played school by drawing with the markers on the windows at your house!!
Tis the season for marker incidents. My sister and friend have both just gone through the same thing in the last 2 weeks. haha. can't wait for what's in store for me!
When I first saw the pictures I started to laugh and thaught it was cute. I guess markers don't really bother me. It would be that they were out of thier beds. It's good you stuck it out. I still think the markers on their faces and arms were cute. I don't know, maybe I'm one of those "nice" moms but I have lots of pics of my kids that way. I find it to be creative. It's just part of being a kid. Layton at Landons age took an orange marker and made tiger strips all over his face, arms and legs. And I think he was begging me to go to school that way. Funny huh! I still have that picture of him. It's one of my favorites. One I'll pull out when the girlfriend comes to visit. Hee hee! I know that I am the "nice" mom that they can walk all over so i want you to know that I have done better with being consistant with them. It's something I struggle with (ADD thing). Consistancy I mean. Anyway, I like to think that you help me with that. You are a great example to me. Love you sis!
Post a Comment