I have had the most disappointing blog for quite some time. I am constantly surprised at how busy life has been lately. I cant seem to find time to be on the computer at all. I have a brother on a mission and I try to write him when i get a minute on the computer and then Im too tired for blogging. I havent even taken pictures of much lately. poor Cohen doesnt have the last 2 months. that s half his life! I dont even know where to start for this post so Ill break it down by kid
Cohen turned 4 months at the end of august. he is hitting his milestones quicker than I want him to. he started rolling at 3 or 4 weeks and he can sit up on his own at barely 4 months. he gets very excited if he sees anyone eating anything. he tries to grab it from you and never ever seems full. he is in the 50 th percentile for weight and 10 -20 th for height. still a shorty! he looks so much like landon did as a baby. we were at the store the other night and a we walked by a guy who just went nuts over how big cohens eyes were. it was wierd. he was so wierded out by the size of cohens eyes that it made me uncomfortable! I just thought calm down man, he'll grow into them! I for one think he is very handsome. I love his smile. he is just as happy as my other kids but not as giggly.however; he will giggle if you randomly giggle at him its hillarious. I compare it to situations for me like when someone starts crying i cant help but tear up a lot! its so fun to watch their personality unfold. he is very high maintenance. all my kids are great sleepers. I hardly ever have to wake up at night but during the day, he wants constant attention. I dont know what I would do without my little helper mommy anzlie!
anzlie started first grade. she comes home so animated and vocal about how first grade takes forever!. she is very into fashion. I asked her yesterday if anyone said they liked her new pretty dress and she said, well, I know they were thinking it because I look fabulous (its her new favorite word along with fantastic) but they were just too shy to say anything..I was thinking OKAY, Im not sure how to teach her the necessary life lessons here. She has been in trouble a lot already. she always tests her limits immediately and has lost priveledges and had to have her parents called. she is so sweet and cute for a troublemaker! she is manupulative and you dont realize that she will always try to outsmart you. she likes to change her name and when people ask her name she usually makes it up. I dont know why. she is so funny. her imagination runs wild and I think she needs to get into acting. the best is when we go somewhere or someone asks her a question and she hides behind my leg when we all know that she is SO not shy! she loves attention of any kind!
landon is into wrestle fights and games. he loves to wear superhero pajamas all day long and never really wants to play by himself. he is my otgoing people person. he is so sweet. last night he wanted to go with daddy to church basketball but we had just put his needles in his stomach and back and I told him he could still go but he had to be careful and hold his pump and not play around. he got quiet and said I cant go then because people will laugh at me. I took advantage of this teaching moment! I told him that no one would make fun of him! they would thin kthat you are really brave for having needles every week without even crying! this huge smile came across his face and he went to basketball wit daddy very proudly! I m so thankful for him. he has the cutest little voice. lately he comes p bhind me and hugs me and then kisses me. I dont know why but Ill take it! landon and anzlie can ride a two wheel bike without ever being taight and they can do flips on the tramp and land on their feet. I have a few daredevils in my home.
ciera is my mellow child. she doesnt need constant stimulation and can be happy just laying on the floor. she, like any 2 year old, gets into things and Im constantly surprised at what she gets away with. she'll ask for a snack and Ill say after you finish your healthy food and she says ok mom and I think what a sweetie only to find her hiding behind the couch covered in chocolate. sh is so good at that! she waits until Im distracted and bam! she gets her way. I am working on this and she is all to familiar with timeout right now. she discovered singing and loves to sing songs. she has a cute voice and says catch phrases a lot like are you kidding me?? and holy cwap! all too cute. she likes to tell me how cute I look when I get ready and its so cute to hear a two year old say that one is so extra cute mommy! she is really into hygiene. she does not have to be asked to put her dishes in the sink and wash her hands or brush her teeth. she does it all. she wont leave the house without a hairbow and her hair combed. its awesome. I love having girly girls. I am dedicated time to try and get my kids to gain some weight. landon doesnt have enough fat on him since his growth spurt so it makes it really hard to pich enough skin to put needles in and anzlie is 31 pounds and 6 years old so we have them on pediasure and lots of little debbie snacks. we'll see if it works this time. I honestly never thought I would have a problem with my kids being too thin iven it wasnt my life long problem.
today anzlie went to the doctor for an ear infection and he said that she has to have a tube put in now. she also needs her tonsils out according to them so we will see what the ear nose and throat dr says tomorrow. we were in the waiting room and we were putting our hands around our wrists and I said you have tiny skinny arms. you get that from me I think. and she said mom, youre not skinny. I looked at her and she said your just a little bit fat .I was thinking thanks kid, too kind. I think its cute how her comeback of Im just a little bit fat was supposed to make me feel better! speaking of weight, I am 8 lbs away from my starting weight before cohen and I am very motivated and not because I want to be that perfect size but because I have nothing to wear people. I stare at the clothes in my closet and then go grab my strech pants! I have been so busy with school, teaching piano, making hairbows and keeping up with the housework that chris and I have found it difficult to find any time for each other. luckily saturday night we are going on a date to see my favorite musician, jon schmidt play at thanksgiving point. how lucky am I?
stay tuned for some pictures to come. life is busy but I am not giving up on blogging.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you are one busy momma! My little guy is the opposite as far as size goes! He's a big boy. Hope you are doing well, Tiff!
Glad you haven't given up on blogging. I LOVE LOVE LOVE big eyes on babies and always wish mine had bigger eyes...so I think Cohen's eyes are just dang handsome. Sounds like you are a busy momma! We would love to play if you ever get a chance to breath!:)
Post a Comment