Landon turned three on saturday! Unfortunately, his favorite person in the world was out of town (daddy) but we were determined to have a good day anyway. I tried to wake him up by singing to him with the video camera but he wouldnt budge. He was exhausted from the day before. Friday morning he woke up with a very high fever. He gets fevers frequently but this time he was shaking and we couldnt stop it so we went to the doctor and he took his blood and found elevated blood count so he was fighting an infection of some kind but they couldnt find it so they sent us to the hospital for chest x-rays which showed inflammation in the lungs and low levels of different things so I have been giving him gatorade for sodium and other than that I m supposed to watch him to make sure its not Pneumonia. He had to miss his party that afternoon in the neighborhood. we went to the store to get his decorations and donuts for saturday morning that night to cheer him up. anyway back to saturday, when he got up he opened his presents and got a batman laptop (thanks Barb and Vern!) he loved it! then he opened a basketball hoop that hangs on his door in his room. he was very excited. He wouldnt eat his donuts or anything all day though. its terrible to be sick on such an occasion. I took him to the toy store to pick out a toy or two with his birthday money (thanks grandma faye and grandma michelle!) but when we got there he was happy looking around and didnt want to pick a toy. he just wanted to go home and play with his basketball hoop. I told him to pick something and he picked a piece of candy. (very easy to please) so we headed home. I love my sweet boy!
that night daddy came home- landon had only asked for him about a thousand times! and we went to the store to pick a toy again - he decided on a monsterous dinosaur and buzz lightyear action figure- which he has been sleeping with. He has been very generous with his toys I am so proud to have a peacemaker in the house. I never thought it would be my boy but it is! He went looking for his dinosaur and anzlie happened to have it and he said , "anzlie can I play with my dinosaur soon please?" I was impressed that he was so nice about it since it was his brand new (not even out of the package yet ) toy.. he is obsessed with basketball so I made him a basketball cake and he was so excited to blow out the candles and when it came down to it he said no thanks you do it! I was so shocked. I talked him into it though! We had aunt linda and brett over for a little celebration after church and had a great time! thanks to everyone for making his day so special!
1 comment:
I'm sorry Landon was sick and missed the Halloween party! It always seems they get sick when something fun is going on.
Post a Comment