Wednesday, November 28, 2007

weekly update.
















It's been hard to blog lately because our computer wasnt able to get the wireless signal for about a week and I was reaaly bummed because I had a lot of down time to be able to blog. THese past few months I have been in a lot of pain. I was losing feeling in my limbs randomly and certain times of the month were very painful. I finally went to the doctor and he opted to do surgery to diagnose endometriosis. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mom who knew that I was overwhelmed trying to figure out how I was going to have surgery and care for my kids that she flew up here sacrificing her thanksgiving with my brother and father. There was no other time to schedule the surgery for the rest of the year though so this was my only option. I was so nervous that they wouldn't find anything and I would have had surgery for nothing and on the other hand I was nervous at what they would find. when I woke up I heard some of the doctors talking and I heard them saying that I had endometriosis and they scraped it out. I dont know much more than that until I go for my follow up appointment in a week. When I woke up I was still so drugged. apparently everyone reacts different to medication but I started trying to grab abd hug anyone that was close enough to grab (keep in mind that I was NOT coherent yet!) I heard the guy I hugged say to the nurses station, "what do I do?" they said, "I dunno just hug her I guess."





when I was a little less sedated I was shocked at the friendly gestures I believe my mom's reaction was , "you hugged him? gross." it was an older guy that smelled like a chain smoker and wore a funny tupee on his head! I am now very grateful I didnt do a lot of drugs in high school or I would probably have been in trouble with my generous affection. Some people wake up swearing and hitting the staff so they said it was a nice change. so glad I could help. the other funny thing was the nurses and orderly's thought I was around 12 years old. I thought that was wierd. I think its because I have such a tiny head and I was in a hospital gown with my tiny head and no makeup or anything. I wish I had pictures. I get to see pictures of the surgery at my follow up appointment I like seeing those pictures some people get grossed out so I will not post them. I am hopefully going to feel a little better for a while though. THANKS MOM AND AUNT LINDA FOR ALL THAT YOU FOR ME! I am so sad that you're gone mom! you seem to always be helping one of us!





Thanksgiving was a little rough. I was still in sleepy mode and slept through thanksgiving dinner. I was sad about that because it is such a great holiday. I took a few pictures that morning. Ciera had her first ponytail today. I had to take a picture of that! the rest are just a few pictures of thanksgiving day.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so I didn't know about it and forget. Endometriosis stinks, but at least you know why you were feeling bad! That hugging story makes me chuckle, too bad David Beckham wasn't there!

Ashley Harris said...

I had my first laproscopic surgery in January of 2004 and I was the same way - I was SO nervous that they weren't going to find anything! I was almost relieved when they did - it meant I wasn't crazy or a hypochondriac. That's always good news! (Well, we all know I'm a little crazy, but I didn't want to be more than necessary.)

Glad it went well. Are you pretty much back to normal now? I am pretty much there, I just have a little bit of tenderness around my incisions. Other than that I'm feeling great!

Stacy said...

Mother's are the best!

Health Watch Center said...

Hi Tiffany

It's good to know you got rid of it... adding some info about it...hope gonna helpful for the people who wanna know how to prevent it... :)

There are natural therapies such as acupuncture, aromatherapy, homeopathy and acupressure have successfully treated women with endometriosis and trying to become pregnant.

Following a healthy diet and good exercise routine to boost the immune system and to maintain the body fitness can also improve the changes of getting pregnant after having proper treatment.

Health Watch Center