Saturday, July 26, 2008

summertime blues


it seems like so many things are "bittersweet" this summer. My hubby is working hard as a salesman and we don't really ever see him. my kids love sundays and the times they get to hang out with daddy. I am thankful for a hardworking husband but it has made life a little bit of a whirlwind as I have had to handle some tough situations on my own. When we moved out here and found out Landon had x-linked agammaglobulinemia, we were hoping we could post-pone any treatments until we got home in august but as luck would have it he got sick with his 16th upper respiratory infection of the year! he then wheezes at night and has fevers up to 105. after a round of antibiotics he had an allergic reaction to something and developed small bruises all over his body same color and shape they called it HSP which is a rare disorder that follows upper respiratory distress in an insanely low number of people. after these left him he broke out into hives all over him and those stuck around a few days followed by high fevers and vomiting so in a quest to get this boy help we had to go back to utah ( for insurance purposes) for his treatments. I bought a ticket for landon and I to go to utah and back but the night before realized the ticket was never charged to my account and so in order to get to utah on time my sister and I got in the car and headed to utah at 9:30 at night. we got there at 11 the next morning and with time to spare. thanks mandy for going with me I couldnt have done it with out you. here is a picture of his treatment. he was so brave for the iv he said he wasnt going to cry and he didnt. they gave him medicine that knocked him out for the next 5 hours but the treatment was a success and we will be doing plasma infusions every 3 weeks for life but atleast he will be healthy! as we were leaving the hospital landon turned the corner and sobbed and I asked him what was wrong and he said he tried to be good but they didnt give him a spiderman toy...I felt bad that he thought he was bad and you guessed it his little lip worked on me. off to target we went. I feel bad that he has to go through this its a lot to take in for a 3 year old. I love you landon. I'M GLAD YOU'RE FEELING BETTER! a special thanks to mom and dad and landon and amy varney for helping me with anzlie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! I would have bought the toy too, he didn't even cry with the IV, he's a tough cookie! Plasma infusions for life sounds like a lot of poking, but if it helps then it's worth it. You are a strong gal, and a great mom!

Varney Family said...

Poor little man! I'm so glad everything went ok and you got home safe. I added you to my blog now that I finally have your address :) Kudos for getting online finally! Love you guys!!

Natalie said...

You're so brave, Landon! I'm proud of you and hope Alex can get to know his cousin better. xoxo

Dee said...

ohhhh what a sweet heart! I'm so sorry about everything you've been dealing with Tiffany. I'm glad he'll be feeing better now though.