I am so happy to see a computer! we dont get internet at our home in california so I have to post when I can. It took me a while to get accustomed to my surroundings here and don't even get me started on the traffic but al in all, I think I found some fun things to keep the kids and I busy this summer. there is a really big outdoor mall that has a ferris wheel and a place where water shoots out of the ground. I had to get some pics I love being able to let them be kids and be silly and goofy instead of always being in a hurry to do things. I am working on being a better mom this summer and spending quality time with my children and making sure they know that they're always number one. they love the attention of course! I take them swimming a lot and have absolutely loved the california weather. Lately Landon has been sick continuously with something. first it was croup again and an upper resp infection then a week later he had spots all over him that look like bruises and that freaked me out, then he had an allergic reaction to antibiotics(which didnt make any sense because it was just amoxicillin he's had a hundred times) but he broke out in hives all over him for days. a few days later he had a temp of 104 again and puking and I couldnt get his temp any lower than 102. so I had to go to urgent care eventually which was a waste of money. i cant wait to get him healthy. he starts his IVIG treatments at the childrens hospital in utah in a few days and the world will hopefully be a better place! I am a little nervous for it all to start. its hard to take it all in. I know that kids with x- linked agammaglobulinemia lead normal lives but I feel bad that he has to be tortured with IV's every 3 weeks for the remainder of his life. with insurance, we have to fly back to utah for his treatments (long story) so I am flying from phoenix to utah back to phoenix and then back to california so wish me luck!!!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
FINALLY A POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy to see a computer! we dont get internet at our home in california so I have to post when I can. It took me a while to get accustomed to my surroundings here and don't even get me started on the traffic but al in all, I think I found some fun things to keep the kids and I busy this summer. there is a really big outdoor mall that has a ferris wheel and a place where water shoots out of the ground. I had to get some pics I love being able to let them be kids and be silly and goofy instead of always being in a hurry to do things. I am working on being a better mom this summer and spending quality time with my children and making sure they know that they're always number one. they love the attention of course! I take them swimming a lot and have absolutely loved the california weather. Lately Landon has been sick continuously with something. first it was croup again and an upper resp infection then a week later he had spots all over him that look like bruises and that freaked me out, then he had an allergic reaction to antibiotics(which didnt make any sense because it was just amoxicillin he's had a hundred times) but he broke out in hives all over him for days. a few days later he had a temp of 104 again and puking and I couldnt get his temp any lower than 102. so I had to go to urgent care eventually which was a waste of money. i cant wait to get him healthy. he starts his IVIG treatments at the childrens hospital in utah in a few days and the world will hopefully be a better place! I am a little nervous for it all to start. its hard to take it all in. I know that kids with x- linked agammaglobulinemia lead normal lives but I feel bad that he has to be tortured with IV's every 3 weeks for the remainder of his life. with insurance, we have to fly back to utah for his treatments (long story) so I am flying from phoenix to utah back to phoenix and then back to california so wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey woman you look like your having tons of fun! Miss you guys! So jealous your going to be in Utah I want to be back home!
Did I just hear you say you are coming to Utah?
I know your nervous but it's really not so bad. It's worse to see him sick all the time. And not be able to play and lead a normal childhood. They really only have to deal with this disorder for half a day, once a month and the rest of their lives are spent running and playing and hardly ever getting sick. My boys haven't had anything but a sniffle sence they started treatments. Also, we make going to the hospital fun. They get to watch tv or any movie they choose (because they get their very own TV) and the hospital gives money to the patient for lunches here, so when we go they always get a fun meal from the cafiteria. They always choose pizza and freanch frys. And once we get settled enough for me to get lunch, by the time lunch is over a movie or to tv shows is all we really have time for. then it's time to go. It's really not as bad as it seems. It's just hard getting used to the fact that this is what he has and will have forever. But it keeps him happy and healthy. and it will get better i promise!! I love you Sis!!
Good luck with everything!
Wow your little boy looks JUST like Ryan when he was little. You make such cute little clones!
Post a Comment