
So, if you can't tell, we are having a BOY. Girl, boy, girl, boy...I would say we are pretty lucky. So, we went in for the ultrasound and I was a nervous wreck. I dont know why I allow myself to get this way. I noticed the outdoor plumbing right away and my heart sank. I was a little disappointed so I thought it was because I wanted a girl, but as I thought about it I realized that I was just overcome with emotion for a few different reasons and couldn't take it all in that fast. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE boys. I had one of those moments where I was overcome with the reality that I will soon have 4 children. Before it was just a lima bean and now that my stomach is popping out it became very real all the sudden...don't make fun of me, I know you're wondering why it took so long to dawn on me that I was having a baby, but when you put a gender to it and watch him kick all around on the screen, it melts your heart. another wave of emotion was coming from my overenthusiastic husband who was already calling it by the name we definately don't agree on. That really did make me cry. I know, sad. I felt like a two year old with an owie. I am sure we can reach an agreement on a name so not something to cry over...but lastly, I had an overwhelming amount of anxiety when they said, "It's a boy." I instantly hoped that this baby boy got my good x chromosome as the chances of him having X-linked agammaglobulinemia is 50/50 and I know it's not my fault, but there is an amount of guilt every mother has that carries a disease to their child. We will test him as soon as he's born for the mutation on the x chromosome, so atleast we will know much sooner than we did with Landon. We now do the plasma infusions at home every week subcutaneously and Landon is so brave. he doesnt cry over needles so much anymore. He's my hero. There is no cure for it so this will be for life but I am so thankful that they lead normal lives otherwise and are not limited in what they can and cannot do. I just get to be the crazy lady who sanitizes everything including my sons classroom..we all take immune systems for granted. Actually we take so much for granted. And the last burst of emotion was the relief that everything was healthy and the baby looks like he is growing right on schedule. I am due april 28th and will probably schedule his arrival 1-2 weeks early since its my fourth c-section. all in all, I think I went through a box of kleenex on the way home I laughed and cried and felt so silly for having no control over my emotions! I was like that with my other boy pregnancy-an emotional wreck! I think Chris has done a wonderful job at putting up with all my emotions. Now that i am over all the tears, we are thrilled to add a little boy to our family of soon to be 6! It doesn't hit you how big your family is until you go to sign a christmas card and it takes up all the space just to write everyone's name!
11 comments:
I'm so excited that you posted! I was hoping you would today after you found out. I knew you would have a boy because it's just so perfect girl boy girl boy :) But what I don't know, is where you see this 'outdoor plumbing' - I don't even see a head!!! It looks like just a bunch of shades of gray!! Can you tell I don't have kids? ;)
Tiffany, you are so, so CUTE!!! I L-O-V-E-D reading your post on your #4 that's on the way! We are SOOO excited for you and your cute family!! How exciting for little Landon will to have a little brother to wrestle around with! Brig was SO excited when we told him he'd have a baby brother to play with - he said, "yeah! Now dad and I have someone else we can wrestle with!" It was very sweet! Glad to hear everything is well and healthy with the baby!
Congratulations!!
xoxo
Tyson, Jill and kids :)
Congrats! If we would have had a boy this last time we would have felt complete and called it quits. Hopefully we will have a boy next, because I know he's up there somewhere....taking his sweet time!
We went to Applebees the other night with all of us. And it took us about 5 minutes to figure out that we actually did in fact have 6 to seat. 4 chairs, 1 high chair and an infant carrier seat. Dave and I just laughed because it took us so long to figure it out. You will have your hands full. Take my word for it! :)
Tiffany- I feel your anxiety about the x-chromosome thing- as an outsider, of course- I cannot fully comprehend your situation... but that was the first thing I thought of when I heard you were having a boy. Good luck with the name thing... Boy's names are SUPER tough- but I guess you know how that goes for us- the reason we did not get home from the hospital at 1 in the afternoon instead of 5 PM was because we still had not picked out a name to put on his birth certificate. No fun. Hopefully you two can have more reasonable conversations about it and choose something before the baby arrives- that would be nice!!
I also have to say- Four IS super crazy- but you will be fine- you already know how to juggle! ;)
Wow, how exciting. congrats We are slowly catching up to you
Congrats on the boy! After the holidays will be hard for a play date since I am due January 11th...but we'll get together soon enough. Maybe in February or March. I am crazy emotional when I find out the gender too.:)
Oh, a boy! That is so exciting! I am sorry about the emotional rollercoaster. Not fun. But congrats again on the boy :)
Congrats on the boy! I hope he has the "right" chromosome.
Congratulations!!!!! Our baby boys are going to be about a month apart! Although if you are 'just starting to pop out' then you are SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than me! Everyone keeps saying "Wow Ashley, you're really starting to show." Thanks ...
Pregnancy is just crazy emotional so don't give yourself a hard time. I know what you mean though, when I saw my little baby bouncing all around on the ultrasound it really hit me too all of a sudden - whoa, I'm going to have a baby! So exciting and a little overwhelming all at the same time! Anyway, congrats!!!
Wow! Number 4 good job! you are a tough woman! That is perfect that it is a boy because it rounds out the odds 2 of each gender. I hope things are going good for you! Have you watched Twilight yet?
You big Sweetie! We are so excited for you to have another boy. We know how you feel with the 50/50 chance of issues and all that and....the guilt that we as moms feel - regardless of our control (that we WISH we had) over it!!! You are an amazing mom and will do great with 4. Love and miss you and can't wait for spring. Love Landon and Amy
Post a Comment