Now that this week is over I look back and realize that I must be feeling a lot better because I accomplished so much this week. I was able to organize and decorate a little more and try to get my house ready for holiday company. thursday we had many kids over playing their hearts out and friday I babysat for two neighbors and again our basement was full of screaming and giggling. Friday night my husband took me out of the house since I was starting to go a little stir-crazy and we went to ikea. we decided to eat there and we have this rule that the kids have to eat what they ask for. can you guess where this is going? anzlie ordered noodles, yogurt and a cookie and we were telling her how many bites to eat and she tried to do them too fast and started gagging and then, being pregnant and naseated all the time, I started gagging, and then she just threw up all over herself and the table. that was horrible. I was so scared that I would have to clean it up but my husband took the napkins and cleaned it up before I could and I was so thankful for a husband that shares in the less pleasant joys of parenthood. what a night!
earlier this week, I got a message from a good friend saying she was in the hospital for a week or so and she was feeling down and helpless with three little ones at home. I told my husband and he drove to the hospital to visit her since I was babysitting. I was so thankful that my husband was willing to do that for me and my friend. we offered to have their kids for the weekend and take them to church so once again we had six children under age 6. LET ME TELL YOU, we felt like jon and kate plus eight. It wasn't so much that it was hard, it is just a lot of nouths to feed and someone was always hungry or thirsty and so on. chris and I were a good team but if he didnt help me I don't know if I could've survived. I really love kids. I love hearing what they have to say and watching their minds go a mile a minute. I think we are going to slow things down this week and take lots of naps. HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY EVERYONE!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mama mia! You guys are SuperCouple. Glad you survived. I'm sure the Ikea thing wasn't fun to go through, but it sure makes for a funny story. :) Love you so much!
Crazy week! Sounds like fun at the same time though- except I think I would choose to avoid the whole Ikea incident. ;) I tagged you on my blog- go there when you get a chance...
Youi are awesome!!!! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. You are so nice to do that for your friend. I love you Tiffany.
Post a Comment