Sunday, September 14, 2008

unexpected trip to morgantown, kentucky











I hesitate to even start this post because I want to pay appropriate respect to my granny. On september 3rd we found out that her surgery took a turn for the worst and that she had suffered a major stroke and would not survive. I have never lost a loved one and felt very sad that I didn't get to talk to her one more time and make sure she knew how much I loved her and held onto my memories of my time with her from my childhood. she was a very fun person who kept up on the latest styles and tv shows. Her mind was strong but her physical body was suffering a great deal. the only comfort I feel is knowing that she is no longer in pain and that is a great blessing. Her funeral was beautiful and as I sat there listening to her life story, I couldn't help but notice the similarities between her and her children. I realized that she spent a great deal of time serving others and making sure her kids had all their needs met. One thing that stood out was that she'll give you the shirt off her back if you say you like it, my mom also does this. I was overwhelmed with emotion several times as reality started to set in and I realized she was gone from this world and that it wasnt just a bad dream I was having. Several times since I have just talked to her out loud when I am alone and wondered if she could hear me. I will miss her thats for sure. I couldn't believe the strength my grandpa has. He is so strong. I have never met someone so faithful and full of nothing but joy even during times of sorrow. He is so much fun to talk to and his memory is amazing. I wish i could've had more chances to visit morgantown over the years. It was hard to go under the circumstances but it was so glad to see family again. it felt as if no one had changed. I love you all, and I am proud to be a part of the minton family.

2 comments:

Cherstin said...

I had such a good time with you and all the family. I miss Granny too and wish that I could have hugged her one more time. I'll miss those hugs. It was a short trip but very worth it. I was so excited to see you cause I haven't seen you in so long. And it was nice to finally meet youe sweet Ciera. She was so cute and a delight to watch. I love you Tiffany! And I hope you this sickness will go away soon. I pray for you every night. It's my way of taking care of you when I am so far away. I love you.

Natalie said...

Amen to you both.
xo!