Saturday, December 20, 2008

holiday ideas

if anyone has any fun traditions or holiday ideas that are super fun let me know. We have decorated cookies until we all vowed to never look at frosting again. We baked cookies, fudge, buckeyes, caramels, and chocolate pretzels last family night and delivered them to neighbors. We have spent ample time in front of the television watching holiday movies and getting excited for santa. We have thrown toys in the trash and earned them back(repeat...and so on) and I am so excited that my kids are old enough to learn the christmas songs so our house is definately full of hoilday cheer. I love to look at our tree in the fireplace room and look out the window at the snow-capped mountains. I have bragging rights to this because as jealous as you may get over a white christmas, just remember all the freezing temps, blizzards and snow shoveling you're missing out on. Rudolph is not the only one that had a very shiny red nose. we had so much snow lately that when we let the puppy out and she runs outside she completely disappears in the snow and a few seconds later you'll see her head pop up and she tries to run beack in! not the best time for potty -training an animal. Chris has been keeping active playing basketball and soccer lately. last family night we all went to cheer him on and our kids definately like to yell GO DAD! over and over. the are the best support system you could have which ended up being good because they lost so bad. other than that we have tried to find a way to keep from freezing and getting the inevitable seasonal colds. Happy holidays everyone!

4 comments:

Varney Family said...

Merry Christmas Guys! Keep well and warm and we'll see you - latest- in March... We have a kids tree and the kids love to decorate it over and over with their ornaments. I love this tradition because then they leave the 'nice tree' alone.

Emily Holland said...

Have they helped you wrap presents yet? That was always fun as a kid, plus it would take some of the workload off you!
I can't believe how much Landon looks like Chris.
It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun on your family nights! Miss you!

Kami Milliron said...

It sounds like you have it all covered at your House. We haven't started any of that stuff yet. The most we have done is put up our Christmas Decor before Thanksgiving and get Christmas shopping done for Douglas. It has been a tough few months, so I am not super into it this yet.

Even with the blizzards, freezing temps and snow shoveling - I am STILL very jealous : )

Natalie said...

Aww...that sounds so fabulous! Wish I could visit.
xo!
nat