Thursday, September 27, 2007

recipe exchange

Usually I am not a big fan of meat. I eat chicken a little and that has been the extent of it for a while but since I have been low on iron I have craved red meat so I made meat loaf which i hated growing up SORRY MOM!!! but I did and I loved it! It was really good even my kids ate it. I thought i would share the recipe!
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup cut up onion, carrot, ketchup, and milk
1/8 cup of barbecue sauce
1/2 tsp salt, pepper, dried thyme, and sage
mix all together and put in a pan
cut up some bacon strips and put it on top
bake at 350 for an hour
take it out and mix 1/2 cup ketchup with 1/2 cup brown sugar and pour on top
put it back in the oven for 15-20min.
very tasty with mashed potatoes and veggies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love meatloaf too, although I don't remember ever having to eat it as a kid. I good recipe for some protein is Taco Soup. It's 1 lb ground beef browned with about 1/2 and onion chopped up. Put in a pot with 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 can of corn with liquid, 1 can kidney beans with liquid, 1 can chili beans with liquid, 3 cans rotel (or 1 can rotel 1 can diced tomatos if you like it less spicy), 1 8oz can tomato sauce, and 2 cups water. Cook on medium heat until hot or you can put it in a crockpot and cook on low for four hours. Eat topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and broken up tortilla chips. It's super yummy and all the beans and the ground beef with help on the protein. I hope you feel better soon!