Friday, February 22, 2008

latest project.




when it comes to crafts, I am not that creative and I want to copy someone and see step for step what to do or I'll just sit there staring at all my supplies and never get anywhere. My friend and I got together to make some hair bows last night and I made 63! Incase your wondering where I get the time, my medication causes sever insomnia and I have several hours to myself everynight! Hopefully that will change but atleast I have hair bows now! I went to four different stores to find boquets of fake flowers. at the craft stores they wanted 2 dollars a flower. I went to walmart and bought a huge boquet for 94 cents. I also got another for 85 cents and a few more in all costing only 5 dollars. You find ribbon, hair clips, and rhinestones. The only other thing you need is scissors and a hot glue gun. There! I hope your inspired. it was fun. maybe soon I'll move onto jewelery.

12 comments:

Emily Holland said...

That sounds like fun! I love doing crafts. I am big on scrapbooking (highly recommend it...) Actually, it is something you could do with Anzlie sometime. I wish you were here so we could be crafty together.

PS - good thought on the Walmart flowers. I never thought of that, but they are overpriced at the craft store.

Tiffany said...

They look cute Tiff! I never got into the bow making and flowers, but Britt did so I just did the little girl jewelry. I will have to show you sometime next time you are down. It is really easy.

Susan said...

Love it! I have been making a ton of bows and flowers this week and I'm totally done!!!! I get sick of it sometimes, that's good to do a bunch at once. What med are you on that keeps you up? Dang, you and Lisa what should we do with you too? Ashley just had surgery for her endo (however you spell it). Check her blog out.

The Lees said...

I recently got the craft bug too: sewing, crocheting, and making bows. It's fun to make things for little girls, isn't it. Those flower clips are super cute. You are giving me ideas I don't have time for.

Kristen said...

So cute! I'll have to have you show me how you did it! With four girls I can't get enough!
Kristen

Stacy said...

63 hair bows! What are you going to do with that many hair bows? I'll take some off your hands if you've got to many ;)

Stacy said...

I was totally kidding about the hair bows. To make a collage you use Picasa2. It is a photo organizer you can download for free from google. I love it! You can post from your blog directly from the organizer. Highly recommend it to anyone who has a blog.

Stacy said...

I meant post to your blog directly from the organizer....sorry.

bailey grant said...

Hey! I make Jewelry and it is so much fun! you have to try it some time ok! :)


Bailey-

daveandlisa said...

You know that I'm totally impressed. You did an awesome job. And you said you weren't crafty. I knew that wasn't true. Sorry that I haven't been a very good friend by not showing you how to do all this stuff before now. Next time we're together we need to make time so I can show you how to make belts, bows, necklaces, bracelets, etc...You have to know how to make all this stuff when you have girls. It makes it much more fun. What are Anzlie's and Ciera's wrist size? I can try to make some stuff for you to help boost your supply til we can get together and I can show you how to do it. I owe you at least that much with how awesome you are. I hope you're feeling better. Call me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are cute! I see how you did the rhinestones and it looks like you just hot glued the ribbon over the metal part of the clip is that right? Did you just hot glue the flower to the ribbon on the clip? I have to make some for spring, they are too cute!

Ashley Harris said...

Wow, I am totally inspired! I had to go to Walmart today anyway for groceries and now I think I'm going to make bows too! I'm not the crafty type at all, my poor daughter has been completely neglected! I went to Ribbons and Lace one time, but everything was so expensive and there was so much to choose from - I just walked out, completely overwhelmed! Thanks for the inspiration!