Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekend Getaway


Chris and I had the rare oppurtunity to go on a mini-vacation by ourselves with no kiddo's.It was a much needed break for me, and I'm sure Chris would agree. It is amazing how much you need a break sometimes, but then before the plane even takes off, you already miss your cuties wondering if they're okay without "mommy".
I got over it pretty quick though and I was fully prepared to have a wonderful tme and gain some of my youth back. I was even planning on staying up past 10 o clock if you can believe that! It was a business trip for Chris but he only had to work for three hours the whole weekend so it was mostly play time! we stayed in woodland hills, ca at a really nice marriot hotel. California traffic is awful and people run red lights all over the place and yet Chris was driving around like he owned the place (I guess thats what a fancy rental car will do for you.)we were upgraded from a corolla to a 350z just for fun. My husband always has things like that happen to him. People seem to bend over backwards to make him a happy customer and it works!
saturday morning chris had to work. It was literally the first time since I was single that I was totally by myself without familiar surroundings or people I knew. I checked my list and was determined to check as many things off the list as I could do if this ever happened in my life. All I did was take a bath, take a nap and then go to the fitness center, but I had such a great time doing it! When Chris got back we went to the mall and smelled every fragrance imaginable I think the lady was surprised that we would spend a half an hour smelling fragrances and then leave without purchasing something.we saw a movie and then went back to the hotel to order room service since every restaurant was a 2 hour wait. we went to the pool and sat in the hot tub. meanwhile, a 13 year old girl birthday party was going on in the pool and the beach balls kept flying over and hitting us in the head. The mom came over to apologize and when I told her we had three kids under four she gasped in disbelief and said, "I'm sorry, how old are you? " it was funny. She thought I looked like a teenage girl. then when I told her neighbors were watching our kids she wondered what neighbors on the planet would do that! I was very thankful for Utah and all the nice people that were willing to do that for us! we talked to them for a while. They mostly picked chris's brain since he's a therapist at an all-girls home for troubled teens. they said that in california if the kids aren't behaving then they threaten to send them to utah! I thought that was funny that thats how the kids knew that utah was a state! they ended up giving us all the blow up balls and beach toys to take home to our kids. We went up to the hotel room and tried to stay up as late as possible so thhe day never ended. It was so fun. I LOVED being with my husband. It makes me realize that if I took away all the kids and went back to the single days, I would fall for him over and over again. We seem to go really good together. he was even willing to see a chick flick over a movie of his choice for me.
Sunday we went to churchand were impressed with how diverse the ward was. All different nationalities were bearing their testimonies of the savior and of the prophet and reflecting on his life. It was such a special meeting. At breakfast, the restaurant was occupied so we had to sit at the bar to eat and they said, "wait!, how old are you?" I giggled but then quickly realized that he was serious! I was flattered but I think I look young to people because my head is so small. ANYWAY, we went to the airport(but first got lost) to catch an earlier flight. we drove by the disney channel and warner brothers and other disney headquarters. It was so fun to see. We didnt get an earlier flight and had to wait three hours for our flight and then it was delayed an hour. We did get to the airport just in time to see the last 48 seconds of the superbowl. then we scraped off al the snow on the car and headed home to get the kids! It was such a magical weekend...when my baby saw me she gave me lots of love until she saw her sister that she hadnt seen all wekend. I was so shocked at her reaction to seeing Anzlie. Thats all she wanted! She kept kissing Anzlie and patting her on the back I was totally surprised how tight their bond was especially since Ciera has been Anzlie's rag doll since she joined our family.I love my family and was so grateful to everyone that made this possible(Lacy, gavin, julie, ember,deann, and valerie) thanks so much! I am fully prepared to return the favor...

8 comments:

tiffany knox said...

everyone is having trouble commenting on this blog. anyone else having this problem?

Anonymous said...

Too fun! I hope I can comment okay :) I'm so glad you got a break, it really makes you appreciate your family when you get to experience a few days as yourself and not just as mommy :)

Natalie said...

Wow! Amazing neighbors! Thanks for helping my baby sister, everyone!

Dee said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. That's so great!

Stacy said...

I'm jealous, I wish I had a weekend get away with my hubby. Maybe our neighborhood needs to set up some kind of rotation.

I have people tell me they aren't able to comment on my blog either. I think sometimes it is linked to their computer settings allowing pop ups.

The Ray Family said...

I'd be happy to help with whatever you want. Just let me know exactly what is you had questions about and i'll fill in whatever blanks I can. By the way this is so random but your friend Dave and Lisa...they are on our friends list now, she's chris's cousin. I've never met her before so she emailed me asking how we knew you and I said you were MY cousin!! Small world. She said you've been friends since highschool and you stole her boyfriend or something like that? lol that's so funny

Emily Holland said...

I am so happy that you had some time for yourselves. It sounds like it was a good trip.

Kristen said...

Oh! I am so jelous! I can't wait till my baby is old enough to leave for the weekend. It's so fun to fall in love with eachother again. I'm so happy you did that for yourself, you needed it. How about a girls night next week? Let me know what your schedule is like. Later! Kristen