Thursday, February 14, 2008
Natural medicine
I just wanted to do a post about natural medicine because I realized that everytime I have had more serious health problems in our family, We have found out the underlying factors to why and actually unfolded answers to our mystery symptoms through natural medicine techniques. I witnessed it first when Anzlie was 2 months old and was quickly deteriorating due to "colic" oh, and "failure to thrive". We found out through foot zonology that she had problems with her spinal nerves and her stomach lining. the doctors had put her through two procedures at phoenix childrens to find nothing and et we helped her through alternative medicine. I know there is a definate need for medical doctors, dont get me wrong, I just want to give natural medicine a voice. this past week I went to a foot zonologist and found out that I have a b-12 deficiency. the side effects listed were exactly what my mystery symptoms have been lately. For example, tingling in the limbs, hallucinations, fainting...b-12 aids in your bodies ability to absorb things in the body so while I already have endometriosis, the miscarriages i had made my iron level plummet. Ive been on supplements for 8 months but they havent worked at all. I found out the cause of this is most likely from when i had my appendix removed 6 years ago. the appendix aids in the secretion of b-12 and has some other enzymes that soften your waste and does a few other things, it isnt worthless. It does have a function. I would normally keep this information to myself but since this has been going on for years, I thought I would help anyone out that may need this information. Aside from the b-12. my estrogen level was much, much higher than my progesterone level and the side effects aren't pretty! i had surgery last november for edometriosis and much to my surprise my condition worsened after the surgery and at the dr's this week i found out that the best option for me is a brutal 6 month treatment on injections which is only recommended as a last resort because it is a chemo-therapy drug that they use to treat it. I am hoping that i will have minimal side effects from this. I had my injection this afternoon and after being a bundle of nerves I was surprised to find that it didnt hurt! I hope the side-effects can hold off until valentines day is over or my poor husband will have the worst valentines day ever! Thanks to those who helped me through this decision... you know who you are! i may need to call you over and over with questions. Its a newer drug and everytime i ask a pharmacist a question about it they have to go look it up so i rely a lot on you! its great to have people to turn to. Love you all, oh, and happy Valentines day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
hey you should talk to my dad he is a nutritionist and he knows all about that kinda stuff i could give you his number!! He could help a lot! :)
Bailey-
Here here to natural medicine. I am a huge fan and have used reflexology to heal also. I also give my son B12 shots every other day and know that is the problem of many people. It is the key to life. I will be blogging about it soon. Good luck. Hang in there.
I am so glad you are getting to the bottom of your medical woes. Hopefully this will be the trick! Keep us posted on how it goes.
Hey Tiffany is getting some answers!!! That has to be a good feeling. I am coming around to this natural medicine. It's amazing how the doctors seem to disregard it as medicine. I hope everything goes well for you tiffy. It's about time!!! I love you so much! It's hard to see you suffer. I hope this is the beginning of the end.
Hopefully you will start to feel better soon. You sure have a lot going on right now.
Tiff, I'm so glad that you finally found the root of all your problems. I hope that this really is it and you can do your treatments and then be done with all of this. You are so awesome. I'm glad that I could be of what little help I can be from all the way over here by giving you my secrets on making the injections as painless as possble. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you. I love you. You are really a very good friend and I'm so thankful that you stole my boyfriend so we could have the chance to meet :)
I really hope that the medicine works out for you. It was seriously a miracle drug for me so I really hope it is for you too. Good for you for being so proactive and knowledgeable about your health and not just leaving it in the hands of a doctor - who will probably forget who you are by the next day! Seriously, I'm so impressed!
Wow that was interesting information. I love your enthusiasm for this and also your desire to learn more! KEEP IT COMIN.
So when is baby #4 coming? Does the thought make you cringe as it does me? heehee. Ohhh i just think your fam is too cute girl. Okay so your hubby is a physical therapist? Does he enjoy that?
Amen to natural medicine :)
That natural medicine is way cool! I agree that sometimes Dr.'s just push meds instead of finding what is really wrong. That is why I think it is important for people to be their own advocate. I always tell my patients they need to be on top of their care and know what is going on and keep a record of when and what they are doing when their symptoms happen. Sorry I could go on and on. Anyways see ya later! I hope you feel better soon!
I love natural medicine! I'm big fan of coilloidal silver myself. I made my blog private and invited you so check your email :)
I am so glad you have found answers. Hang in there.
Wow! That was really interesting. I am quite interested in natural medicine. You have on your blog that you are a foot zonologist. That is so interesting. How did you receive training for it? I'm glad that you have found alternatives that have helped you. Good luck with this new treatment. I haven't forgotten about writing you about summer sales. I have been hesitant because all in all because it was a good and bad experience however I am glad that we did it. I'll give you more details when I can consult a little with my hubby. He is taking 18 credits and working this semester. Needless to say, I don't get a lot of time with him.
Post a Comment