Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


I know it's a little late. I have been so busy lately that my computer is a foreign object at the moment. I wanted to do a little tribute to my dad. I know that I am tempted to just copy and paste what natalie said but being younger I have some memories that they don't. Here are a few things that make me smile that I can attribute to my dad.
1. peanut butter, banana, raisin, and honey sandwiches.
2. THE BEATLES! I love the beatles and remember him listening to it in the garage while he worked in ohio and in his convertible with the top down on the way to my soccer tournaments. I loved singing the octupus song with you (although I never understood it.) The beatles are a classic in our family now.
3.Lemon marange pie. that one I think of because I have never seen someone eat a piece of pie so fast.
4.peanut m&m's and long car rides. We went on plenty of car rides growing up and every vacation we were fully stocked with peanut m&m's and it wasnt for us because none of us think peanuts should be anywhere near chocolate!
5.Sorry nat it must be said again. my dad is the funniest person alive. I love that his stories are so funny. I was a little disappointed as I grew up and realized that his stories were about 85% accurate! I love my dad but he is not aloud at the hospital after I have babies because he always makes me bust a gut and rip my stitches from laughing! I love your quick whit, dad!
6.swedish pancakes! I know I am sorry a lot of this tribute is about food, I havent eaten dinner yet! my dad makes the best crepes! I was also impressed that he was able to still communicate with people when we went to sweden together my juniour year.which was years and years after his mission. Go dad! I took sign language for a year and dont remember a thing and he can speak fluent swedish after 20 years!
7.It wouldnt be a complete post if I didnt mention what a good example he is. I really look up to youdad. i do feel like we grew up in a very loving home and I recognized how much you loved the Lord and your family and how much you counted on our heavenly father. I remember countless times when I would wander in to your room and see you on your knees in prayer each night and remembered what a good example that was to be able to see your faith and the comfort that comes with that.
8, I remember every night I would wait for him to come home and when he walked into the house i would hop on his ankle and he would do the whole , "I wonder where the sniffer is!." it was really fun and this happens to my husband a lot now quite frequently. I used to love playing spud for family night and laying on a blanket in the backyard and having tickle wars. I would always cry because being tickled should be a form of torture they use in prison to get someone to talk thats how horrible I feel about it, yet I have nothing but fond memories of it growing up so go figure!
9. my dad can play the guitar and sing very well. I was always so proud to tell my friends. my dad was the fun dad! we had some great musical times didnt we?
10. even thouh I am grown and married ( and you like my husband better than me...) I love to see you in a different light. All the memories Ive mentioned are from my younger years but now that I am a parent I realized how wonderful he was as a dad. Thanks dad! I love you so much and I wish I could see you more. You're an amazing father, friend, grandpa, husband, and bishop!
HAPPY 56TH BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Sandberg Family said...

thanks, Tiffany. You always stole my heart with your giggles and smiles. I didn't even feel bad to be manipulated by you - you were so good at it, and I loved being with you.

I have some memories for you but I will save them for my tribute to you on your birthday, April 11th.

daveandlisa said...

You really do have an amazing dad. You are very lucky. Thanks for sharing him with me. :)