Wednesday, February 4, 2009

dr visits

I put off going to the pediatrician if I possibly can because they usually tell you it's viral or wait and see if they get worse and then call us...so I hate wasting my time(mainly because taking three kids under five to the dr office isnt too fun. about ten days ago, I got a call from the school nurse at anzlie's school saying she is sick and needs to come home. I went and got her and she really was sick. she had a temp of 102-103 for a few days and was very lethargic. that passed and with her hyperactivity she was back to herself mostly a few days later. A few days ago she said her throuat hurt but everytime I asked her after that she said she was fine. KEEP IN MIND- she knows very well that she can't go to school or play when she is sick so she would rather lie than give up her favorite social events. this morning she woke up and I noticed the skin had peeled off all her fingers layer after layer to the point where I was very worried! what in the world? she doesnt have eczema or other symptoms? well we rush to the dr and instead of saying she's fine its viral -it will run its course...He said she had scarlet fever and strep throat and the rash and skin irritation was from the scarlet fever even though that was a week ago and it was progreesing into rheumatic fever so he would perscribe antibiotics. I went home thinking how strange??? my kids never seem to act sick or complain too much, so the diagnosis they give me always seems to baffle me. usually when I think they're really sick they say nothing is wrong see you later! anyway, that was my day! and anzlie feels fine and loves the attention of taking medicine since landon is constantly getting all the attention for his illness. that girl is funny-anything for attention!

4 comments:

Varney Family said...

Oh my gosh Tiff! Is she going to be alright? That's a pretty serious illness!!! You'll all be in our prayers. Tell Anz we hope she feels better soon. Love you guys.

Maren said...

Wow, you got some pretty tough kids! That is crazy. Well I am glad that she is going to be fine. Hope you are feeling good. I love reading about your kids, they are so beautiful and have the best personalities.

Autumn said...

Scarlett Fever?! Who gets that these days? My mom had it when she was young and she was sick in bed for several months. THat is so crazy? I hope she shows signs of getting better soon. Keep us all updated, please.
And I am with ya on the dr. appts. I always wait as long as I can before I really fell it is necessary,

Emily Holland said...

I had scarlet fever in elementary school. It really sucked. I remember having a sore throat before that but I feel like I didn't go to the dr until it was too late. I had to stay home from school for a few days & missed our pen pal's visit day. But I agree with Dave and Amanda above - who gets that these days!?!?! It was so weird that I had it 20 years ago, but today!?
I'm glad she is going to be ok.