Thursday, February 19, 2009

happy birthday cherstin!


happy birthday cherstin! I hope you get to sit back and relax, have your feet rubbed, sit in a lawnchair under the shade sipping lemonade with not a care in the world because it is your special day and you deserve it! just in case that doesnt happen, I still hope you get to enjoy your birthday and celebrate all day. I wish I was there to share it with you. I seem to always miss seeing you on your birthday. one of these birthdays I am going to make sure we can all celebrate together. I like to make sure that a birthday isnt just any oter day. you will feel special if I have anything to do with it! that brings me to my next point. reasons I LOVE you cherstin!
I love how expressive you are. you are very good at expressing yourself and you always seem to genuinely care about others-a very selfless person. I also love coming to you for advice on parenting or decorating ideas. I think you are really talented. infact I think you are more talented than you realize. I know with a house full, you dont always get to do all your hobbies and talents but there will come a day and I am excited for that. I have always felt very comfortable talking to you about anything and I have to admit you're always the first to know things about my life because you show so much love to me and I feel very fortunate that you are my sister. I am glad I feel this way. If you would ve told me we would be close friends when I was younger I would've questioned it. our age gap is still the same but our lives are more alike than ever. I am so glad we have each other as a support system. I love your beautiful smile. you are truly beautiful and I have always been proud to say -cherstin? yes thats my older sister. I love your sense of humor and how sometimes you come out of your shell and entertain with your funny stories and in many cases reinactments of events. I love when we have these moments. i cherish them always. I am glad I got to spend some time with you a few months ago and see what your day to day life is like. you are an amazing person who is more caring and nurturing than anyone I know. one of my favorite memories I have of you is sitting by you in the temple session and feeling your warmth and seeing you in a different light -you've never looked more beautiful. I know I am not the only one who thinks you are special. heavenly father is aware of you. he knows you and I am glad that you are aware of this. I dont know how you get through month after month when your husband is in iraq and you are the sole caretaker of four rowdy boys! I know that you are a very strong person who doesn't seem to even recognize how trying times can be sometimes. you just take it in stride and seem to rise above anything. I am so proud to have you as an example. I can't believe you're 33. I still remember all your birthday parties growing up and how fun they were like the hawaiin themed one and the girl boy parties and who could forget your 16th birthday when your present literally caught on fire nearly killing us all! aw, the memories! if you get a moment take a stroll down memory lane and remember all of your favorite birthday moments. I m sure there were a lot from the 80's bangs and permed hair with fluorescent colors all around to the present day styles which I couldnt tell you what the current trends are im afraid but the one thing I do remember is that you seemed to be smiling and full of life in all our photo albums. I admire you and love you! have a great day, sis!

2 comments:

Sandberg Family said...

Tiff, I am all teary-eyed. You captured Cherstin beautifully. Thanks for the memories. Dad and Mom!

Cherstin said...

Ok- Now I am in the full blown ugly cry. I don't think you have ever said such nice things to me. I'm going to print this out and put it in my book for safe keeping so when ever I am feeling blue this will serve as my pick me up. Thanks for the reminder that I am truly loved. I am so glad that we are as close as we are. It is a blessing. you are so speial and a huge part of my life. I wish we lived closer. I love you Tiffy.