Friday, February 20, 2009
follow up appt
this morning once again bright and early I headed for the dr to sit and get my blood drawn hourly. the good news...I passed everything. no gestational diiabetes so that's good. the bad news...the dr ordered an ultrasound and the baby is quite small. the tech seemed a little concerned and I couldnt read her mind but I wanted to so bad. I know they dont want you to worry and they're not allowed to disclose information but i was nervous. he was a full pound under what the dr predicted yesterday and I am measuring almost three weeks behind. I think I just have small babies. I try my hardest but they are just tiny bots. it was confirmed that it is still a boy! he even already has a lot of hair on his head that was crazy to think about. when I was leaving she said she thinks he'll have me do another ultrasound in a few weeks and monitor me closely and I was surprised. probably nothing to worry about but it did make me want to keep him in there longer. anyway I'll keep you posted but thats the news on baby knox and now I have to go to the dr every two weeks so the countdown is on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Im glad you are healthy! And I'm glad it is quote "still a boy". If it changed to a girl, that would be pretty interesting!
Babies are born super small and way premature all the time, so I wouldn't worry. You have a while to go anyway.
I just realized my comment was a little misleading - what I mean is that even if the baby ends up being smaller than expected, he'll still be fine.
Hey Tiff,
Glad to hear you passed. Gestational diabetes makes things a little more complicated, but now you don't have to worry. Hey, if you ever have any medical questions, feel free to give me a call. I cannot promise to know the answer, but I can probably find it in most cases, and I think being informed helps.
At 31 weeks, I am curious as to what types of things they may have picked up on the ultrasound. Marilyn and I just had ours, and the lady took me through everything she was looking at/for. Most of the things they probably would have seen during an earlier ultrasound (genetic things, anatomy abnormalities, etc.), and your age puts you at low risk for a lot of things.
I was also wondering why no one said anything to you. Did you ask them what was going on? I would, if I were you. I don't think they can keep things from you. At least that's not what they teach at my school.
Anyhow, you're in our prayers and lucky/blessed to have Superman around. =) Take care, and call if you have questions.
-Jason
Man,you are almost there! Congrats! I am looking forward to hearing about the baby soon!
I measured small the whole pregnancy too and my ultra sounds showed he was little. He was 5 days late and still only 6lbs 11 oz. But for me he was the perfect size...so I wouldn't worry too much. He still have time to put some fat on those bones. I hope you are all feeling better now. Take care and hang in there
Post a Comment