Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kids for sale!




Wednesday- I tried VERY hard to stay awake to take care of the kids and clean the house since we have an open house this weekend. I made it through most of the day utnil 6 o clock when they were full of energy and I wasnt! I actually called our babysitter over and slept for a while. I woke up sent her home and started to put the kids to bed. I got the pajamas and then suddenly felt really sick and had to run to the bathroom to throw up. I am wondering if I have the flu bug or if I am just dizzy from lack of and of course, while I was occupied with that, and staying on the theme of the week, they had once again dumped the entire brand new bottle of nesquik on the floor and were throwing it at each other and covering the baby in it and each other.I didnt have a sense of humor about it but my hubby got home right as this was happening and he took pictures! I just had my house professionally cleaned for the first time, so I was very upset that they would dare do this again this week! did I not make myself clear on monday!!! I know that you might be thinking that I need to keep it from their reach but I DID I had it on the top shelf of the pantry so apparently I have to get a lock for the pantry. I dont like doing that though I want them to have free agency and learn from their mistakes so I dont always want to fix the situation because I dont want to kame there decisions for them all the time because I want them to behave when we are at other houses too. I hate how good my kids are for other people and how I always hear that they are so sweet when I go to get them and for ME, they are totally different. Not all the time, they have there moments but for this post I am very upset and so venting is what I feel like doing! besides parenting isn't always easy and I am not the first person to feel this way. I was thinking about it and I was thinking as frustrated as I get at them for not listening or making bad decisions, I wonder how many times Heavenly Father has these same thoughts about me! it helped...

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

haha...love the things that kids can get into! Ya, I am loving this AZ winter...we havent spent a winter here in like 6 years, so I am loving not having to get bundled up to go and check the mail! Well I hope that you start feeling better soon. we will forsurely need to get together the next time that you are in town!

Mandy Stewart said...

Tiff I am sooooo sorry. I think we all have been there at some point so we (your listeners) feel for you. I know it has been a very difficult week for you. I hope you feel better. I wish i could take them off your hands for a bit. I can't picture you loosing it with your children the way I know I have. But I guess we all do. Good thing Chris got there just in time. Anyway, my sympathies... being sick and dealing with kids SUCKS. I love you.
Ps.. you could put a lock on your door, but I think lil Anzlie would still find a way in! Gotta love her!

daveandlisa said...

I'm so sad. I feel horrible. I really wish that I could be there to help you and do whatever I can. You deserve a break Tiff. I really hope that we can find cheap tickets for you to come out to visit. You are so awesome and I'm so glad that we became best friends which seemed completely unlikely considering the circumstances we met under. You are amazing and I'm thinking of you all the time.

daveandlisa said...

Oh! And Mandy's right. Anzlie would figure out the lock in record time. She's a smart girl!!! And she'd be more than happy to teach Landon.

Rachel Stewart said...

Oh hun, sounds like you need a brown bag and a kitten. Or at least a good LONG nap. I hope next week goes better and that you start feeling better. Good Luck!

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Hi Tiff...Your story definately takes the cake. I've been having one of those woe is me nights, but really it's nothing compared to what's been going on with you. Sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope Chris's finger will be ok and I hope your kids decide to give mom a break sometime soon. I'll be thinking of you. Love ya! Write me if you need to vent more...I know it helps.

Natalie said...

We have all been there! I remember when Eden was a baby, the girls dumped all my spices onto the kitchen floor and I walked in and seriously heard the little angel on my shoulder say, "Calm down...be rational" and I took a deep breath and screamed my lungs out instead! lol! Don't take it personally that they behave for others and not you...(cuz I've felt that way. "Why do you behave for your teacher and not for me!?") -consider it a blessing! Being called to the principal's office is NOT fun! xoxo

Cherstin said...

Oh the joys of children. My boys have always gotten into things. I've been there with chocolate mix several times, Layton, Jaren, Kelland,And Brigham(just last week), a whole can of carpet freshner(the powder stuff)Layton, tomato soup from the fridge(layton), A bag of flour all over the kitchen (layton)that one was the worst, i've had string and tape strug from every part of the kitchen and family room (kitchen,Layton Family room Kelland) i might have a picture of that. of course coloring on the walls and cabnets wood floors(jaren) kelland and Brigham are not ollowed to have any writing utensel ever!! i remember cleaning up a sting mess that Layton made and then turning around to see Jaren coloring on my wood floors and cleaning that up when out of the corner of my eye i see toilet paper racing by me. It was to late they had toilet papered the back half of the house. I was not happy. i locked them in there room so i could get things done. That was in Germany. And my husband wonders why i don't get anything done. i'm just picking up after everybody. And that was just the tip of the iceburge. there's more but you get the idea. I know that it's hard now but it's funny later. And for me now it puts a smile on my face. We know that if the little ones are quite it means trouble. They do grow out of it. I'm worried however about your health. I wish i was there to take care of you. Ijust wish i could talk your pain away. I mean that! It's hard for me to see you suffer. Keep me posted on everything. I love you!

Shari Goodman said...

I am exhausted just reading your blog. My only advice, enjoy the little messes they make when they are little, the teenager messes are much bigger and harder to clean up!

shari Lee Goodman

Unknown said...

Ah, the good times with kids, they are so much fun....when they are sleeping. I have gotten completely out of 4 tickets in Mesa cause my dad was a Mesa police officer, but since this one was in Payson I think he wanted to get back to his nap instead of writing a long ticket so he gave me a 37 dollar citation. The drano test my wife and her sisters swear by is you pee in a cup (preferably a cup you won't use later) of drano crystals from your local grocedry store. So when peed on if the reaction is overflowing with bubbles than you will have a girl and if only it bubbles a little bit and sits still than it's a boy. Not only do I think its a little out there but who in the world was the first woman who thought of this or any of these wives tales.
keep us posted with Fort Knox
ty and marla