Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SNOWED IN!!!!!




I know this may seem wierd to think about since snow is a foreign object to most of you right now, but we have had so much snow this week I was going stir-crazy. You really become a hermit to your home. My friend called and wanted to go sledding and I thought she was crazy and I had no interest in going outside but I couldnt say no to landon. his sweet little face LOVES snow so much so we got bundled and headed out. We made it 25 feet before I already heard whining (most of it coming from me), and the dreaded, "I have to go potty!" when you have layers upon layers of clothing! so I decided we would just sled down our driveway to get it out of our systems. I fell down the driveway with my elbow breaking my fall and it HURTS! I hope its just bruised. I snapped a few pictures to make it look like we had a really good time, but we were only out there a total of 7 minutes, and it wasnt worth it! When I was a kid I loved it but back then you dont realize that someone had to do something with the wet and soggy clothes taht otherwise will get thrown wherever they get taken off and cleaning of the snow that gets tracked into the house... I feel bad I dont remember doing that part of it when I was little....sorry mom! Im paying for it now! I hate messes! my kids know that. I recently have been pretty strict on that and tell them if they dont clean the toys up after a warning than I will throw them away- I kept hearing Anzlie tell Landon to hurry up mo really will throw them away-Ive seen her! I laughed from the top of the stairs impressed that she actually took me seriously!

4 comments:

daveandlisa said...

I know what you mean. I LOVE it when it snows, but actually going anywhere with the kids in the snow is not a fun chore. That's the only part I don't like about the cold is all the extra clothes you have to wear. And then figuring out what to do with all those extra clothes that come off whenever you go inside anywhere. You never have to deal with that in AZ where you only wear a sweater for style not because you actually need to.

Natalie said...

"Whining (mostly from me)"! ...love it!

Cherstin said...

You do make me laugh Tiffy! I told my kids that once about the toys. they didn't however take me siriously so i got some big trash bags and filled two of them up. Jaren was crying the whole time but Layton was still looking at me like he didn't believe me. I put the toys next to the garbage but never did throw them away. They stayed outside for months. my children didn't even seem to care that they were gone. That's when i decided that they had to many toys and whent through them all and gave a lot of toys away. i only keep the toys i see them play with a lot. and every now and then i go through them agian just to keep things under control. it has really helped with big toy messes when they play. it makes clean up time easier. still, i wish they would believe me when i theaten them. i guess they know i'm a softy. i've got to change that!

Mandy Stewart said...

my favorite part is that you only stayed out there for 7 min. All that trouble for 7 min? I don't blame you... I'm not a snow lover either.
My idea of being in the snow is in a log cabin, with a fire, blanket, hot chocolate, and looking at big flakes falling out the window. And then a hot bath!!!!