Friday, January 4, 2008

the last 2 weeks of 2007, we...

1. traded the "freezing cold" weather in Utah for "just cold" weather in Arizona.
2. celebrated Chris's 31st birthday by driving twelve hours overnight in the car to get to arizona.(sorry Babe!)
3. took "Sandberg family Pictures" with bloodshot eyes (which you cannot hide with makeup) from lack of sleep. I hate driving through the night. its too hard infact, I dont think I'm doing it again.Nope, no more no doze, chinese firedrills around the car to stay awake, and most importantly, no more potty stops at disgusting gas stations. (although, if any of you make the drive between utah and az they redid the bathroom at the gas station in kanab-its our new spot.) Everyone knows I am practically useless without a full nights sleep (or so Ive been told). Luckily the joy of seeing my family and not having to be in the car another second was enough of an adrenaline rush to stay awake the rest of the day!
4. Went to the temple with every member of the sandberg family. Ryan went through for the first time. He is serving a mission in Pennsylvania in about a month. It was amazing to have everyone there supporting him and sharing in such a wonderful experience- by the time we were out of there there wasnt a dry eye. I'm definately not alone in saying I will never forget that day...
5. Did I mention it was my baby girls first birthday? It was hard because I hardly spent a second of the day with her but I made it home in time for a special celebration for her (thanks michelle) At first she had no idea what to do with the cake- but after tasting some frosting she proceeded to eat the entire cake and NO she wouldn't share! She has been my easiest baby by far. So sweet, mellow and content, I almost forget she's here because Im used to noisy babies! Happy Birthday Ciera I LOVE YOU!!!!
6. Ate a lot of yummy food. and plenty of holiday goodies. :)
7. made a cd at a recording studio. that was our gift from my parents and what an experience! am I right ladies??? I hope to go back there someday and make that platinum album! before I do that I better get voice lessons or a personal trainer because we all know that Jessica Simpson cant sing...Thanks mom and dad for making that happen. you're the grest! I mean Greatest and Best! (take your pick)
8.Went to mesa yogurt. thats about as brave as we got with all of our kids!
9. ate a lot of yummy food.
10. celebrated the birth of our Savior, and reflected on his life and ultimate sacrifice for us. I got to explain the true meaning of Christmas to Anzlie and watch her little mind work. I hope I am doing a good job at teaching her the important things abot Christmas that you cant buy at a store. (except the nativity set-that came in handy!) thank you everyone for making the holiday so great. I truly enjoyed being with all of you and getting to know my 10 nephews better!
11. of course what would a vacation be without someone getting sick! we finally took landon to the hospital. of course it was a 4 hour wait in the ER and so we headed to urgent care and they had a 3 hour wait but since landon had a temperature of 105 they took him back right away! I was scared he was going to have a seizure. He ended up having upper respiratory infection along with the croup and double ear infections but he is doing great now. of course Ciera got it and now anzlie... but Landon is great!
we stayed at a hotel in Page Arizona on the way home (with an insane amount of begging on my part!)and took some pics of the amazing view. that is how we spent our new years eve. thats the wrap up so Happy New Year From the Knox's:)

13 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Sounds like an awesome holiday! I love the picture of all your kids conked out in the back seat of your car in your slide show. So cute!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I am bummed we didn't have a Sandberg get together at grandmas house or something. It would have been fun to see you all. Congrats to Ryan. That is so awesome. Sorry your kids got sick. Why is it that they always wait for vacation?

Mandy Stewart said...

I didn't know you took
landon to the ER.
poor guy. That means all the sisters had our turn this month taking kids to the ER. Lucky us!

Stephanie said...

Tiffany! You've already been here and gone and I missed you! Honestly it wasn't until right after Christmas that I even realized you were here. It sounds like things were good but very busy! I'm excited for Ryan. That's a great experience to be altogether in the temple. Happy Brithday to Ciera! She's a doll :) Write me when you recover from the trip. Glad you're back!

daveandlisa said...

I'm glad that you had a good vacation for the most part. I'm just really sad that we couldn't be there too to share it with you. That sure would've topped off my Christmas. I miss you guys tons. I'll let you know the next time I go to AZ and maybe I'll get lucky again and your husband will be willing to share you with me...

ashley said...

Hey Tifany... you have such a cute family. I Just need your email so I can add ya!

Ashley
www.happyfullerfamily.blogspot.com

~Amanda~ said...

I'm glad that you are back. You may not know this, but I have been reading your blog since I found it from Emily! (this is Amanda from Ohio)
That's great about Ryan! My dad went there on his mission.
That family picture is really great - I love it! I also wanted to tell you that it was fun to see your post of the Conley's a little while ago. I haven't seen them in years! I don't suppose Alisa has a blog? That's ok, because I don't. I just like reading and writing comments, but maybe one of these days I'll join the rest of the world in cyberspace.
It's good to see that everyone is alright (despite being sick) and you are back to blogging - it's good to keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Holidays wouldn't be the same without family, food, and kids getting horribly sick!

Ashley Harris said...

I've already posted a comment on here, but I just had to say that I LOVE your new header - that picture is so cute!!!

Emily Holland said...

I'm sorry I haven't taken the pics from New Years and Christmas off my camera yet. I started school again this week so I have been pretty busy.

i LOVE that new picture at the top!!! It is so so so cute! Your family is adorable!!!

Nina Olson said...

That is so funny we lived in Riverton. Is your husband from there? I know you look familiar too.

Nina Olson said...

Yeah we lived accross from it, I think if it's the District your thinking of!! Yeah I went to Chandler High School but most of my good friends went to Mountain View. I loved Riverton, but hated the winters. I am glad to be back here again. Where did you go to high school? What year did you graduate. Yeah I was on line when you left the comment, I swear i am not addicted to blogging...

Natalie said...

i love that girlfriend song by avril but have to turn it in the car so my girls don't love it too! lol!