Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time Out



I have had the worst week. I kept thinking I should blog about it but I didnt have any time to myself yet this week! Mondays are usually busy for me. I had to go to the doctor because I haven't been feeling well, I had to go grocery shopping, and drive car-pool for school. After that I had several piano students come for the afternoon. Last monday I was scheduled to have a recital but to my surprise, not a lot of people were ready and I am having serious issues with my students forgetting their books. we went ahead with the recital but I had to throw it together at the last second and the organization was poor. I hate that. It stresses me out. I really needed help with my children. they seemed to need a little bit more attention than usual because I was so busy. Since I was busy, they got into the groceries and opened all the snacks and dumped the huge brand new container of nesquik on the floor and were rolling around in it like pigs in mud. I was not amused. I still had to make dinner and refreshments and my husband couldnt come home to help me so it was up to me. we had a successful recital. it may not have been perfect this year but I got through it.
Tuesday, I heard back from the doctor and was surprised at what he had to say and it kind of put me in a bad mood. I was emotional and of coarse, called my mom! I go into the other room and come back into the kitchen to find applesauce all over my laptop. I was screaming inside. I quickly cleaned it up (hopefully its not broken) and it wasnt even 10 minutes until they did the next naughty thing! I went to the bathroom and they climbed on top of the fridge and found halloween candy I didnt even know was there. they were eating suckers and chocolate on my couch which there is a no food or drink policy in our house! they get in trouble but 1 hour later they do it again! I know it sounds like they 're bored or that I am ignoring them but that is not the case I had been playing with tem all morning. We played with the art set, we played in the basement, we had frinds over...I am just not allowed to leave the room EVER!
Anzlie is starting to tell lies sometimes because she doesnt realize that what she is saying sounds ridiculous- to her, it is pure genious that she could come up with ways out of trouble. we were at a birthday party and it was a bounce place and you must have socks on. She took them off three times and each time she swore that they said she could so I took her over to the worker she pointed at and asked if he told her she could take her socks off and he said no mam. We left and I couldnt have been more excited that the day was almost over and it was BEDTIME!!!! The problem is they slept in the car on the way home and thought that that was sufficient. we got home and chris didnt come home for a few hours more (9 PM). He immediately went to play church basketball even though I was less than thrilled about it since i just wanted to spend time with him after a hard start to the week, but he got to go because last week he watched kids in the nursery at enrichment night instead of his going to basketball and he was in a bad mood so I let him go to basketball that night but I reminded him that I didnt have to be in a good mood about it either! anyway, He calls at 9:45 and says I got hurt and I need you to drive me to the ER. I was half-asleep already but got up and got dressed for the -10 degree weather. He walked inwith this disgusting bloody finger! he was going up for a block and the other guy's knee dislocated his finger. when he popped it back into place the skin on his finger ripped open all the way around exposing the bone and destroying all the ligaments and things. At the hospital they said that they couldn't stitch it up since the bone was exposed and it could infect the joint so he had to just wrap it up and go to a hand surgeon. we left the hospital at 1 in the morning and searched for a 24 hour pharmacy. 20 minutes later we find one. after waiting a while the power shuts down in the computers and he sends us to another city to fill the perscriptions. We had to wait so long we didnt arrive home until almost 4 in the morning. the problem- my kids would be waking up in a few hours! help!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Tiff. I know exactly how you feel. My kids are the same way, but I freak out on them. I have to sometimes go to my room lock that door, go into my bathroom lock that door, turn the fan on and just take a few moments to myself and to pray for the strengh I need to help me with my children. Then I can usually deal with them when I come out. I don't care what anyone says being a parent is the hardest job in the world. I love my children and I am so greatful for them but when does it get any easier for us. You are a good mom always remember that, you just have kids that are Knox's, ha ha ha thats what I tell myself. Be strong and remember I am always on your side and here for you. Love ya

Ashley Harris said...

Oh you poor thing! What a horrible day! I'm always amazed at just how naughty my kids can be sometimes! I just look at them and say "Why do you do things that you know are wrong?!?!" I guess it's just part of being a kid and part of being a mom. You are doing awesome though, don't forget it!

Ashley Harris said...

I forgot to ask - what did the doctor say? Is your pain back already? You'll have to email me - if you want to. I'm sorry for the bad news, whatever it was.